Draw perfect shapes on photos and videos

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 03:55 AM)
JayeCat
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
The update notes for OneUI 5 say:

Draw perfect shapes on photos and videos 

"In Photo and video editor, you can now easily draw certain shapes such as a circle, triangle, rectangle or heart by using the pen tool. Hold your finger on the screen when you finish drawing to make it instantly transform to straight lines and perfect angles"

Is there some special way to activate this? when I draw a circle and then hold down on it, it just draws a dot in the middle 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
There is no way that i know of to activate this,it should work automatically. open your gallery, choose your picture, click on the ✏️ to edit, click on the smiley face, draw and hold, works perfectly on my phone. You can also tap on the smiley > stickers > calendar and use the arrows and circles in there if you wish.

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
There is no way that i know of to activate this,it should work automatically. open your gallery, choose your picture, click on the ✏️ to edit, click on the smiley face, draw and hold, works perfectly on my phone. You can also tap on the smiley > stickers > calendar and use the arrows and circles in there if you wish.
JayeCat
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
oh thank you! my mistake was that I was lifting my finger and then putting it down again to hold.
We're supposed to hold in the same motion as the draw, without lifting
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Exactly, just draw and hold without lifting. Glad it worked out & you're very welcome.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you GG2.

Hi, please follow the steps by GG2 to edit your photos and videos in the Gallery. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi JayeCat, that's good to hear that the above steps by GG2 worked for you.

Kindly contact us back if you require any further assistance.

Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
Looooooka
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This works on my S21 but not on S22. On that one the photo editor isn't even listed as a separate app under Apps, but galaxy store shows it as installed. The app behaves as on S21 but the magic perfect circle triangle etc feature doesn't work in the Galaxy Photo Editor(when you click edit inside galaxy gallery). It works under notes though. How to fix this issue? 

0 Likes
Members_M27RFul
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

You need to hold your finger/pen on the screen when you stop drawing. Like, dont draw a line, lift your finger/pen, then touch the screen. Draw the line, then keep your finger/pen on the screen where you stopped, hold it there for an extra second or 3 and you'll see it snap. 

0 Likes