Original topic:

Email stuck in outbox failing

(Topic created on: 01-18-2018 12:59 PM)
GlenB
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Using the Gmail app on the S7 edge (and I think the same thing happens if I use the Samsung mail app).
There appears to be an email in the Outbox folder that is failing to send. I see that message in the notifications.
But if I look at the Outbox it says there is nothing there. Says the same thing if I go to Gmail on a browser on my desktop PC
It keeps trying to send this email and about every minute or less the phone beeps - it's the default notification.
I turned off everything else - there's no other reason for this beeping.
I rebooted the phone, no help.
I deleted the gmail account and re-added it, no help.
I went to flight mode so it couldnt try to send the message and I still couldnt find the message that's having trouble.
I'd be glad to just delete the thing and carry on - just want the incessant beeping to stop!!!
0 Likes
5 Comments
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Clear Cache and Data in Gmail to fix it
0 Likes
1Halofaguy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have tried to clear the cashe and data but no go. what now
0 Likes
1Halofaguy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
maybe explain how to clear cashe and data
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Settings - Apps - Gmail - Storage and Clear Cache and Data.
If you had custom notification sounds etc you'll need to set them up again - Also if you have more than one email account - Click on show all - You'd be surprised that sometimes you'll find an email just sitting there 🐧
0 Likes
1Halofaguy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Just so you know I did clear the cashe and data and it deleted all my email accounts. good job! That's when I had to call my provider and found out that I needed to click the SSL in security under email accounts
0 Likes