Original topic:

Face unlock doesn't work

(Topic created on: 03-24-2023 12:27 AM)
Riqway
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Every few days the face unlock would stop working on my S23 Ultra. I have to restart the phone to get it working again every time. 

If I open the camera app, front camera works fine. If I remove face data and try to add it again, then it shows a black screen. It looks like it's scanning my face but front camera won't open there. 
0 Likes
1 Comment
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. We understand your concern and will help you resolve this. Kindly follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

Tips for Facial recognition:
Show your face and your device unlocks: it doesn't get much easier than that. If you are having some difficulty, here are some facial recognition tips.
Glasses, hats, masks, makeup, bangs, and beards can affect the recognition process. Adding an alternative look can help the device recognize you in different situations.
Make sure you are in a well-lit area and the camera lens is clean.
For best results, make sure your image is not blurry.
Face recognition is less secure than Pattern, PIN, Iris, or Fingerprint.
Keep in mind your device can be unlocked by someone that looks similar to you (such as a twin).
If you are having trouble unlocking your device, you can use SmartThings Find and other methods to remotely unlock it.

If you are having difficulty unlocking with Face recognition, try the face registration again. Remove the current face data by opening Settings, and then tapping Security and privacy. Tap Biometrics, then tap Face recognition, and then enter your credentials. You can now tap Remove face data to clear the facial recognition data so that you can have a fresh start.

In case the issue still occurs.

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application.

(Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

0 Likes