Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Factory reset of S8

(Topic created on: 08-26-2021 08:54 AM)
Options
Galaxy S
I am trying to factory reset an S8 I am no longer using.  There is no SIM or SD card in the phone.  When I try to do the reset it gives me a message that says "wi-fi and internet connection required.  Please enter your password".  I have a wi-fi and internet connection in my house.  My question is, is there any way I can bypass this message and go straight to the resetting of the phone?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
There is another way to do it.

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold Bixby, vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Factory Reset
- press power key to confirm
- click yes

But I guess when doing from GUI asking for internet, could be because need to contact google account? That I am not sure. But factory reset from Recovery mode could bypass it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
There is another way to do it.

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold Bixby, vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Factory Reset
- press power key to confirm
- click yes

But I guess when doing from GUI asking for internet, could be because need to contact google account? That I am not sure. But factory reset from Recovery mode could bypass it.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Thank You for your assistance. I will definitely give it a go and get back with the results.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try the suggestions given by Tallman and get back to us with the results. Thanks, Tallman.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Tallman, @Georgine. Thank you once again for your assistance in helping me factory reset my S8. It worked absolutely perfectly. After the reset, it went to the screen where the user has to start the set up process.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
To be safe, when i get rid of a phone, i ALWAYS remove all my accounts before a factory reset. Then with my other phone(s), i go into my google/samsung accounts under security/ devices and delete the device im getting rid of.
Galaxy S
Yes, like GG2 said, remove your phone from your google / samsung accounts too if you are planning on re-sell the phone.
Galaxy S
I don't plan to re-sell the phone. I am just going to give it to a mobile phone store for recycling.
0 Likes