Original topic:

Fast Charge Toggle

(Topic created on: 03-28-2020 10:00 PM)
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
One thing I think would be very useful, would be a quick toggle for fast charging. I use Fast Charge only once in a while, but often enough where going into settings to turn Fast Charge on/off is cumbersome. So, having a quick toggle to do this, would be so much more convenient. 
19 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Such toggle does exist. Check in Device Care/Battery/3 dots/Settings
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
i have the device maintenance widget on my home screen. you can on just do that. then touch battery. if you don't want to do the steps to find it in settings.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
i mean honestly i touch the screen 4 times to get there. I know its a lot of steps during a world wide quarantine.
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Please understand what a wick toggle is. How do you turn on/off wireless powershare? I'll tell you, you use the quick toggle, rather than going into device care. That's the purpose of a quick toggle. In fact, Wireless Powershare is in the exact same spot as Fast Charge. So again, a quick toggle is a quicker way to do things. If Wireless Powershare has a quick toggle, then Fast Charging, which is easily more widely used, should have one.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
so the manual way to the toggle button four actual steps. settings, device care, battery, then hit the toggle 4 touches still
Galaxy S
You can also use the Notification Pull Down - Click on Settings in the Notification Pull Down & then follow the screen shots - Clicking on each until you see the last screen shot & you can Toggle Fast Charging On/Off from there as well.
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Maybe poster was looking for a home page one step shortcut?
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S
Hi WallyWest,
we need to do it by going into Open settings >> Device Care >> Battery >> three dots >> Settings >> Fast cable charging (Enable/ Disable) as mentioned by @CHMultimedia.
However, we appreciate your suggestion and we will take it as feedback.
0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm quite shocked that some people don't know what a "quick toggle" is. Smh.
Of course I can go into device care and turn it on and off there. But a quick toggle skips all the steps to get there. That's the whole reason we have a quick toggle for things like, mobile data, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth etc. These are all features that we can turn on and off in the settings, but prefer a quick toggle, because it's a quicker way to turn that function on and off. Hence the term "quick toggle, " Again, if you don't know what a quick toggle is, please do some research before responding. Here's another perfect example of a useful quick toggle, Wireless Powershare. You can get to it in the settings, through device care, in the same number of steps you would need to turn on/off Fast Charge. So if there is a quick toggle for that, there can be one for Fast Charge. And I would argue that, Fast Charge would be used alot more often than Wireless Powershare. One more time...smh to the people that didn't understand my original request for a quick toggle.