Original topic:

FB MESSEMGER NOT WORKING

(Topic created on: 05-24-2020 02:51 PM)
roachie2020
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'm trying to figure out why my fb messenger only works on mobile data I even have to turn my wifi off....it wasn't like that when I got this phone I've tried everything and it wont fix any ideas anyone please 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
So what happened when you use WiFi with FB Messenger? I know it doesn't work, can you describe more? Like error message? Other than FB Messenger, will other apps working on WiFi? Like using Samsung internet browse something...etc.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi roachie2020, Please check if wifi is working for other applications as mentioned by Tallman and also please check with different networks.

0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
If it's only your FB messenger that doesn't work on wifi, you could try simply rebooting your phone (if you haven't tried that yet) and see if it works. If it doesn't, you can long press on your FB messenger app icon , click on app info, storage, clear cache then clear data. Note that clearing data will erase everything including pictures. You might want to back up first if there's anything in there of importance to you.
0 Likes
roachie2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
it's only fb messenger everything else works...when I try to send a message all it says is please check your internet connection or it will say waiting for network...and that's when I have wifi on...when it's off and I have mobile data on it works perfectly....it was working fine when I first got the phone and it hasn't even been a little more then a month
0 Likes
roachie2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I did the clear cache and clear data now it wont even let me sign in to messenger it days please check your internet connection....I now have to turn on my mobile data to do that and I'm already at my data limit because of all of this...I dont understand what's wrong with it my wifi is on and it should work but its not
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Sorry, i don't have any other suggestions. You can always download and try messenger lite in the meantime see if that works until you find a fix.
0 Likes
roachie2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
you think it would be the wifi where I'm at? ...it worked fine when I was using a different spot I donno I tried messenger lite I still need to have my data on it absolutely wont work while wifi is on...I really dont get it so weird
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
try rebooting your wifi/router
0 Likes
doughnuts
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
my phone is all messed up !! I woke up this morning and my phone was all changed over. my wifi and data were turned off. I have lost my messenger app and I am unable to get it back . I am also getting my gmail notifications and I have it set up only when I sync , but today it is giving me notice with my syncing
0 Likes