Original topic:

Focus problems with front facing camera on S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-14-2020 07:04 PM)
dejanh
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi members,

I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing issues with the front facing camera on their S20 Ultra. Mine has a tendency to lose focus multiple times in a given video call. I normally use Duo and haven't tried other apps to see if it is an app problem or a camera problem. Normally the issue is resolved by waving my hand in front of the camera, at which point it regains proper focus. The issue (to my knowledge) has been present from the first day I got the device. 

Thanks all!
0 Likes
5 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S
The definition of phones may be affected by the distance between the device and subjects when taking photos. If you take a picture of the objects to too close distances that auto Focus may not be available normally, taken subjects may be blur and unclear.
Especially if you don't keep the proper distances when shooting the photos, videos with high resolution or high zoom ration, Auto Focus feature doesn't work properly and it causes the unclear and blur images in the end.
So, it is recommended that you do not position subjects within too close distances from the device to take clear photos and keep the proper distances between device and objects.
Wide Lens 10cm, 30 cm is 108M mode
Telephoto Lens 80cm.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you for attempting to assist but this is not related to my question. I am having an issue with the front facing camera randomly losing focus during video calls. Only way to correct it is to move the phone out of position and back again or to wave an object in front of the camera.
0 Likes
Suvanjan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm having the same issues
0 Likes
KevinTaylor
Options
Galaxy S

Please try with with other video call apps and write back to us if it works fine with them. Also, take pics and record video using front camera and check if it works fine.

0 Likes
Suvanjan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
There's a severe autofocus issue with the S20 ultra...both with front and rear cameras... happens while video calling on whatsapp and messenger
0 Likes