Original topic:

GS10+ Safemode Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-30-2019 05:36 AM)
sully
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
I've been noticing significant battery drain on my S10 plus when it's on standby. I would get about 10 percent drain in about 9 hours but after the April Security update,  i would loose 15 percent in 8 hours or so. I cleared Cache multiple times, used GSam and saw normal battery usage. I finally tried safe mode last night and saw a 7 percent battery drain in about 3 hours. That sounds abnormal to me as only system apps are installed. I'm thinking a factory reset to fix this issue but I'm quite hesitant to do so.
18 Comments
Galaxy S
For comparison purposes - Have a look at the Battery Usage on my S10+

BUT aside from a bit of time - I'd never be hesitant to perform a Factory Reset - Just backup your device with Smart Switch & fwiw - I also backup my device to Google & Samsung Cloud (I'm a Belt & Suspenders kind of guy when it comes to safeguarding my data) 🕊
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Aw, that's a really good battery life. I guess I'll backup with smart switch and factory reset. I hope smart switch restore option doesn't make the factory reset useless as everything is back to the way it was
Galaxy S
Well Smart Switch backup doesn't Restore any data... just the apks & settings - So unlike a TWRP Nandroid Backup (if you are familiar with it) Smart Switch doesn't restore the device to exactly how it was before the Factory Reset 😉 🐧

Also - FYI - I don't use any Battery Saving Mode & I've got a bunch of Widgets running in the background - I also go to Settings - Apps and prevent some apps from having permissions that they don't need - I also use an app called Appops (with Shizuku Manager) that prevents apps from misbehaving fwiw 🙂
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I've used smart switch several times and the restore option has restored my applications, gallery, homescreen settings etc to exactly where they were. Even the folders I created were placed.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Smart Switch does backup a lot of things - But not everything - I've got a bunch of apps & settings that I need to install manually after a Factory Reset - As well as the adb commands for the apps that require adb to run - So - Yes - Smart Switch is pretty good - But it's not the same as a TWRP Nandroid Backup - Which when restored - Is an exact image of the device 🕊
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thank you so much for your help. I'll backup and restore and I'll update you if the battery life has improved
Galaxy S
Well the battery life SHOULD improve - You said that you use GSam Battery Monitor - Did you click on the icon that looks kinda like a hockey stick? To see if there's any apps behaving badly?
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Galaxy S
K - To get any kind of useful information - You need to be on the battery for several hours - At least 8 - 10 hours before you can get any idea about what's going on
0 Likes