Original topic:

How can I change status bar font color?

(Topic created on: 11-20-2023 11:32 AM)
Riri1212
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

1000006005.jpg

The status bar is completely unredeable. The widget font colors also auto change depending on the wallpaper but it's not always readable either. Is there a way to just choose colors ourselves?

0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Looks like your are using a theme? 

Some themes will allow you select the colour of the the Status Bar Icons, and others won't. 

You can try a different theme.

I'm using HEX Installer Themes from the Play Store, which allows me to choose the Status Bar Icon colour. (Dark grey on white). 

Screenshot_20231120_143756.jpg

Screenshot_20231120_144113.jpg

Riri1212
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

No I am not using a theme. I tried a few colors with the Color Palettes settings but it doesn't change status bar colors at all. So I suppose it's impossible without an app?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Okay well I guess that if you are using a colour palette, choose something darker so that you can see the Icons on the Status Bar. 

JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Colour palettes do not apply to the status bar icons. This is just a case of the phone not considering the wallpaper light enough to invert the icons. Stock One UI status bar icons only have two colour states: dark grey or white, and it frequently messes up.
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Unfortunately the text colour in widgets and the status bar is determined by the phone based on how light/dark your wallpaper is, and as you've found out, it does not work well at all. All we can really do is position our wallpapers strategically or avoid certain wallpapers entirely.

If you have access to photo editing software you could feather in a shadow at the top of this image to make the icons more visible. You could also try the HEX app that was mentioned by another member which gives you more control of the status icons.
0 Likes