Original topic:

Mobile Hotspot on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 06-30-2021 06:36 AM)
mizshaw
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone else have issue connecting a device to internet with S21 Ultra hotspot? Mine says connected, no internet. I can connect same device to S20 plus and A11 with no issues. But not S21 Ultra.
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You allowed the connection to your S21? 

You should see the request for permission in the Notification panel. 

0 Likes
mizshaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes. I have tried everything.

Even spoke to agent yesterday, he only said that it appears to be a Google(????) Issue. Which didn't make sense to me. What does Google have to do with my mobile hotspot?

I can connect, says "connected, no internet, secured."
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well the Mobile HotSpot relies on the Cell Data connection to get access to the Internet.

You could try resetting your network settings, Reboot & try again.

⚠️Note ⚠  that you'll need to enter your passwords again for your WiFi etc. 

mizshaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Done several times lol. Three of four samsung phones, on the same cell network, will successfully connect a device to their mobile hotspot. The fourth, the newest phone, my S21, will not connect any device to the internet.

It's frustrating, and I cannot seem to find an answer. I am going to head to a Telus store, now that I can, and see if anyone has experienced this issue.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please follow the steps below to make sure the issue isn't with your mobile carrier.

Verify your account is in good standing with your carrier and make sure that you have the correct data plan. Most mobile service providers require you to have an additional Hotspot plan on your account.

Hotspot and tethering may not be available through some carriers. If you have recently changed carriers, tethering may not work because the function cannot contact your previous carrier.

Verify that mobile data is currently enabled and is working properly on your phone.

mizshaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have 4 lines on my provider account. We all share the same data pool. The other 3 phones can connect any device to their mobile hotspot, without any issue.

I am going to verify with Telus there isn't some sort of block on my phone, but I don't see why there would be. I am using mobile data to send these messages.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try backup and reset, reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Get back to us with the results. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

mizshaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Reset done. Still the same. Connected, No internet, Secured
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey mizshaw,
As you have performed the factory reset on your device and the problem got persists, your phone needs to be get examined by the authorized technician. We request you to contact the live chat or Text We Care (932 273) so that they can help you much effectively. We are available 24/7.

Here is the link for live chat support: https://www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes