Original topic:

Music playback keeps pausing when using bluetooth

(Topic created on: 10-25-2021 03:28 PM)
Fer1477
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Anybody else has had this issue where music playback will pause every few secs/mins when connected to any bluetooth device? In my case have tried with at least 2 speakers and tried 3 cellphones including mine (all samsung s series) and only mine had this issue. So far I've tried unpairing & pairing again, restarting my phone, checked for updates as well as resetting network settings and still have this problem, any suggestions?
21 Comments
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Your audio may stop if the phone or app goes to sleep. Samsung phones pack a special feature called Sleeping apps to preserve battery. When an app's sleeping mode is active, it prevents the app from running in the background. That's why the music might stop when the screen turns off.

0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Nice speech!
You should have told him how to get to those sleeping apps:
Settings-Battery and device care- Battery-Background usage limits-Sleeping apps (Deep sleeping apps, Never sleeping apps)
0 Likes
DarBro
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It's a pausing issue, not a stopping issue for me. The audio pauses for 2 to 3 seconds and then resumes playing where it left off. I would estimate it does this every minute to minute and a half consistently.  It happens with all my media players and the 3 audio devices I've connected to. Just started a few months ago.

0 Likes
Ryanc98
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Im having this issue too. 2 pairs of bluetooth headphones and speakers keep pausing every 2-10 seconds. Happens on all streaming apps, youtube spotify etc. I've tried resetting Bluetooth, resetting network settings, changing apps to non battery optimized. I feel like I've tried everything aside from factory resetting
0 Likes
Fer1477
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks Reynaud and eldarkhaired, I did forget to mention that the issue happens with the screen on, I even tried setting the screen timeout to 10 mins just to see if it occurs then and it sure did, I will try adding it to the never sleeping apps as suggested and hope that does it. I should also mention that I still have my old S9 and issue doesnt happen with it.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Fer1477, could you confirm if the issue is resolved?

0 Likes
wanibaba
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I've recently noticed the same exact problem with my Samsung A71 5G (T-Mobile).  I first started noticing it around the same time as your post (10/21 or 10/22) but just recently began googling for answers as it hasn't gone away no matter what bluetooth headset I use, or how many times I reboot or clear the cache partition.

Samsung appears to have really borked something up with their last update.  Users of the S21 are reporting the same issue and are saying it started after the Oct 19th update: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Update-from-oct-19-causing-Bluetooth-to-pause-repeate...

Unfortunately I haven't seen any workarounds or fixes suggested (other than doing a system reset, which I am not going to do unless someone can actually confirm it fixes this issue).

0 Likes
Vuda
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm having the exact same issue on the s20 fe. Was hoping the latest update would have resolved this issue, however it's still occuring. Please 🙏 fix this.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Vuda, Could you please elaborate the query?

0 Likes