Original topic:

No write access on SD card since Pie upgrade (S8+)

(Topic created on: 04-02-2019 05:44 PM)
Phodyssey
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Since my phone was upgraded to Android Pie yesterday, no app can write to the external SD card anymore. The phone app can't save to the card. The Samsung file browser can't move, copy or delete files on the card too.

I have tried to unmount / remount, physically remove and put back in place: no change. Still no write access although the card is shown as rw mounted.

Pho
7 Comments
Galaxy S
You need to Grant permission to write/move/save to the external sd card - I don't use the Samsung File explorer - I use Root Explorer Pro or MixExplorer & no issues with moving - saving etc to the external sd card 🐧
0 Likes
Phodyssey
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have manually checked all apps I tried. They all have write permission to the external SD card.

Two more apps that cannot write to the card anymore: Samsung audio recorder, FX Explorer.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It's not the individual apps or apks that require you to Grant permission - It's the File Explorer that needs permission - Here's what you should see using Samsung File explorer 🐧
0 Likes
Phodyssey
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Phodyssey
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
After many attempts (probably 7 or 8), I succeeded in reformating the SD card. Since then, all apps have write access and everything seems normal. I still don't know what went wrong with the upgrade though.
NICONO
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi ... Did you lost everything on your SD card you had ?
0 Likes
NICONO
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i dind do the update my device ....to afred to have trouble with at yet
0 Likes