Original topic:

One UI 3.0 feedback & other things that need fixing.

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 05:12 AM)
Wisico
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

These are feedback for One UI 3.0 on a Galaxy S10

Darkmode means darkmode, especially since it works so well on samsung screens: the drop down menue should be back do BLACK like it was before, transparency is nice & all but complete DARKNESS was and is still better! (Let us toggle it back at least)

App folders: Bring back 4 apps wide. No one asked for a fixed 3 app wide in folders except maybe my 84 years old grandfather that has big finger & bad sight... Most users want to see more on one screen, not less!

Animations Off; means animations off. It worked before, yet now, when switching apps - the animation stays on. Why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that have been broken for a while:

Camera transitions: Make it smooth and/or let us toggle it off! Right now, when switching from wide angle to zoom & the other way arround it's just not smoot at all & disgusting. It was way more professional before without transition!
(Tried it back on my note 9 & there isn't any transition... it's sooo nice!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section are issues that have been tested on both a Galaxy Note 9 & a Galaxy S10

Edge app drawer: when in dual app / dual screen mode. It shouldn't overtake the whole screen when opening an app with the edge app drawer! If I have 2 apps open for productivity & open one straight from the edge app drawer without returning to home IT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE I WANT IT WITH THE 1ST APP. Why would we want it overtaking the whole scteen & sometimes resetting apps that don't completely support it, thus loosing what we were working on. It worked before; but you broke it in an update less than 6 months ago! It'd be nice to fix it since this drawer is suposed to be part of the samsung galaxy flagship's features (and that since like the s6 edge!)

In hope you fix some or all of these.
10 Comments
grrlefx
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you for your post! Great feedback! My S10+ updated yesterday. Some apps disappeared. The Google Play Store just sends the Install into a continuous loop with no download happening. Did everything the app developer has suggested, same with the play store help. The app will not install no matter what! Any help would be appreciated! TY!
Wisico
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ok splitscreen is way more broken that I tought, when in splitscreen, you can't use apps from the edge drawer because it overtakes the splitscreen, but when initiating splitscreen it obligates you to take an app from the edge app drawer... what??
Annabanana
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If you drag the app icon from the edge drawer you can do whatever
you want with it. if you drop it in the middle, you open it in a pop-up window. If you drop it to the top or bottom while in split screen it opens in split screen.
Wisico
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks I didn't know that. I'll at least be able to use it now, but it still worked to click on it so it opens as the second app before. Like most android since 2014-2015... And app names still don't all fit anymore for some reason (for example; my calculator is writen "calculato" with the "r" under it on my s10, but it wasn't like this before & still is fine on my note 9 😅 )
0 Likes
Wisico
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
+1 can't set AOD to Red anymore... I have been using the same analog clock in red for 3 years now, my Note 9 & S10 were the same everywhere which I really like because I still dailly both. I guess I'll have to sell this S10 & change brand if these don't change back...
0 Likes
Annabanana
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
if you use good lock (from the galaxy store) and the home up module you can change the grid of your folders back (or however you want).
millett
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
one problem solved. how the others. is there a way to downgrade til fix these and good lock updated. can't wait the 3-4 months for all the functionality to be updated
Wisico
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
for real... since everything changed enough that it doesn't feel like my phone anymore, I'm shopping for a new phone from a different brand...
0 Likes
millett
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
good luck. I assume others have similar issues. some good things in update. One UI 3.1 is already out and Samsung can't get all functionality in Good lock working on one ui 3.0. also why not include some of the functionality in one's esp since the task changer can provide better battery life albeit minor.
0 Likes