Original topic:

One UI 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 02-22-2022 08:10 PM)
SCH1
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone know when this S20FE5G is supposed to get the upcoming Android One UI 4.1 update? I really like this phone, I mean I really like this phone but the Android 12 update has left me with a **bleep** phone that's slow and unresponsive at times; the keyboard buttons are far too sensitive and the speech to text works for a second at a time and I have to restart the dictation and always repeat myself again and again and again .. its like talking to my dog...or my child. I live in Canada, so if you have any update info for me I would certainly appreciate the information. I am generally quite happy with Samsung and the Android OS, I have hopes that the UI update might squash some of these bugs.
Stay healthy my friends.
7 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
What???? Android 12 is slow and unresponsive? That's a first. Btw OneUI 4.1 is also based on Android 12.
Try a system cache wipe or factory reset cause your phone should be performing fast. Make sure the motion smoothness is set to Adaptive
0 Likes
SCH1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes the user interface updates are frequently updated again, shortly after the operating system, I am well aware that the 4.1 is a part of Android 12... motion smoothness is fine, I'm sure this phone pulls 10 g's on a good scroll. I just find that the keyboard and page buttons are slow to respond. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I should go back to my old Playskool phone 🙄
0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Did you install a 3rd party screen protector? If yes, this could be your problem. We have 2 S20FE with Android 12 and 4.0 and no problem at all.

0 Likes
SCH1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
None at all
0 Likes
AIRORIA
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yup, the screen protector is a problem for s20 phones, for example: iblason screen protector, the finger print scanner is not able to detect your finger properly, also the keyboard is not as responsive. It's a trade off with certain screen protectors. with that being said, without the screen protector I have a phone that works near perfect every time🤠👍
SCH1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Same here. At the end of the day and the end of the contract, it's YOUR phone, and who cares if there are a few scratches on the screen. At least it works as it should.
0 Likes
PetrosTz
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I was wondering the same thing when are they going to make one ui 4.1 available in Canada ?
0 Likes