Original topic:

One UI 4 breaks Google clock timer

(Topic created on: 01-28-2022 06:48 AM)
yipyip2022
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I just got One UI 4 on my S10. Most of the time it doesn't allow the Google clock app to actually end its timer countdown. The timer just continues silently into negative time, until I open it manually. Then it beeps. 

Is anyone else seeing this?

I don't use the Samsung app because it was missing basic functionality when I got this phone. 

8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's most likely that you just have the Notification sounds set too low.

Open the Volume Panel & make sure that the volume is set higher.

No issues on my S20 Ultra One UI V4.0. 

0 Likes
yipyip2022
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No, it turns out that the Google clock app has been broken on Android 12 for some time. The Samsung OS update just triggered these bugs for me. Going to try the Samsung clock again; hopefully they've added some of the missing functionality.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Google Clock, including the Alarm & Timer are NOT broken for me on Android 12 One UI V4.0.

I'm not sure where you are getting this information?

yipyip2022
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Look at the Google Play reviews and various forums. Lots of people are having problems with it on Android 12 in general, including on Pixel phones.

Unfortunately Samsung still won't let you have multiple timers but I managed to downgrade the Google clock app to a version before the Material You updates and it works correctly.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Just looked at a bunch of the Play Store reviews, and almost all the ones I read were complaints about the UI, I saw one about the Timer & a couple about the Alarm.

But like I said, the Timer & Alarms both work perfectly for me on my S20 Ultra One UI V4.0.

Try Clearing Cache & Data for the Clock. 

0 Likes
yipyip2022
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
For posterity, the downgrade didn't actually fix it. Changing the battery setting to Unrestricted seems to have worked for me to actually let the phone app unlock the phone for a timer.
danchiman
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, the same happened to me and my newly bought S20 FE 5G. I noticed it and after doing some research and finding this thread, I tested what you said about changing the individual app battery usage settings to Unrestricted, and it definitively did the trick and fixed it.

Thank you very much!

LADF
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Thank you for posting the unrestricted battery tip. I have been experiencing the same challenge with the clock/timer and that tip completely fixed it for me!