Original topic:

Portrait effect invalid gallery

(Topic created on: 03-13-2023 12:06 AM)
pH0nk3d0uT
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Recently I cannot use the "add portrait effect" in the gallery app on my s22 ultra. It says every photo, even taken by the phone itself is an "invalid image file." This feature used to work on any photo it could find a face in. Now nothing. Oddly the effect still works for the gallery app in the secure folder. Remaster picture still works fine. Portrait mode still works with the camera. I've cleared both the camera and gallery app data/cache and done the android recovery to repair apps and clear system cache and this has not helped. I've made sure the gallery and camera app have all permissions allowed. Galaxy/google/security/software/apps are all up to date. No malware has been detected. I've tried in safe mode to no avail. Searching online is coming up empty... I'm stumped.

4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, just to confirm have you tried the below steps:

Open the photo in the Samsung Gallery app >> Tap the three-dot menu in the lower-right corner >> Select the Add portrait effect option.

pH0nk3d0uT
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes... of course. But I solved my own problem. I went into settings>apps> tripple dot menu>special access>all file access> turned on Cameralyzer and PORTRAIT. They had been set to off for some reason. Anyway I hope this helps anyone else who might get this issue!
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we appreciate your efforts in solving the issue.

Please write back to us if you require any further assistance in the future.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Userlinket
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Thanks. I was having the same issue & your solution worked. Not sure how those permissions were set to off but happy it's fixed.

0 Likes