Original topic:

Power button not clicky

(Topic created on: 03-28-2018 07:37 PM)
sikhness
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys,

Have you noticed that your S8 power button is not clicky at all and is mushy? All my other buttons have great tactile feedback but the power button does not and sometimes I can't even feel that I've pushed the button.

The button works as it should but really feels odd. I have warranty on the phone and am thinking of getting it repaired. Do you know if Samsung does same day repairs at any location? I don't have any loaner phone to use that's why.
14 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @sikhness. please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/) for physical inspection. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks Wonchul. Do I need to open a ticket or just email them details and they should be able to pull my warranty info?
0 Likes
DIV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
there must be something sticky between the power button and the frame gap. try to clean it with lightly wet cloth and then check. it usually happens when product like chocolate or thick suger one goes there.
0 Likes
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks for the suggestion! I had tried that with an alcohol wipe and it made no difference 😔
0 Likes
tigil
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi qu'il y a tant d'erreurs
0 Likes