Original topic:

S22 ultra mic pathetic at loud concert venue

(Topic created on: 03-18-2022 12:13 PM)
trollgods
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Why does the mic get over driven so badly at a loud concert. It is not as bad when using Facebook live as it is when using the video recorder. 
My galaxy s10e does NOT have this issue. And it has nothing to do with Dolby atmos settings as atmos is active on the s10e which has no issue.

This seems to be a software issue. And the chat tech support is kinda useless.

Doing the diagnostic is useless. Yes and no answers are NOT useful. Yes the mic works but no it does not work in loud places. It records the audio and it is horribly distorted.
The s10e sounds perfect and it's a 3yr old baby model s10.

0 Likes
12 Comments
Leb17
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem.  Bass is heavily distorted.  This and Instagram stories lag makes me seriously consider getting rid of this phone.  Very disappointing coming from an iPhone x which had no problems to this "flagship" phone.

0 Likes
Leb17
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I tried the open camera app that I saw might be a fix and the audio is much better and not distorted with bass.  Sad the built in camera app is so poor.

0 Likes
DriverSteve
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Go to your Pro Video app in your Samsung camera, which is located under "more" -> Pro Video, and change the mic settings to Omni or Rear. Then put the slider on maybe -6. Since it's a concert with huge speakers and base, this should make all the sound clear.

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes