Original topic:

S23 ultra or s24ultra

(Topic created on: 03-26-2024 07:27 PM)
stephx
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I have to upgrade my phone soon and trying to contemplate which one to get. I have heard mixed reviews about the 24 and considered the 23, but I heard the 24 camera is even better and I'm a huge photography person. 

Any opinions or advice on which device is better?

23 Comments
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
What do you have now? I read several comments that if you already have a 23 Ultra there's no point to upgrade but if you're coming from anything less than the 23 Ultra, it's definitely worthy to get the 24. Also, with the 24 you automatically get the new AI features with one UI 6.1, whereas the 23 Ultra you have to wait until 6.1 is released. Did you see my moonshot post it took from my 23 Ultra?
stephx
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have the 22ultra
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Might be worthwhile to just get the S24 rhythm..IMHO😏
Jayyyyyyyyy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
If you are a 22 ultra user youre not gonna notice a huge camera improvement on 24 ultra. The only difference youre gonna notice is the better battery life and the less glare on the display.

Photo processing is still so similar.

Waiting for S25Ultra would be a much more wise option
stephx
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The glare option it's what is selling me, I would love to be able to see my screen in the sun 🤣
Galaxy S
If you put a screen protector on the S24 then unfortunately you lose this feature. Even if you use an anti-reflective screen protector you still lose some of the brilliance of this feature unfortunately
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Screen protectors will still have a glare. Also any need to show a QR code screen protectors will slightly to horrendously skew images you see, as well as affect accuracy of fingerprint recognition for all use cases (privacy screen protectors - they dont protect Jack other than nosey ppl).

You'll get better deals for a new 24 Ultra vs. new 23 Ultra.

Getting either used for higher than $750 (23U) is just worrying what can go wrong down the year- finding out after final sale.
0 Likes
GrannyG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'd love to see the moon shot. I have tried previously to take good shots of the moon and failed
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
This will certainly not help with your decision but they are both excellent phones and wont be disappointed with either one.