Original topic:

S23 Ultra Replacement Screen Backorder

(Topic created on: 01-04-2024 07:58 AM)
duckmn56
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, 

I am writing because as an engineer working for a major manufacturing company I am beyond shocked by the experience I have had, and before taking my growing dislike for Samsung further I am trying to give you a chance to make things ok. 

I have had a broken screen for over a month now. I have had to contact all of the certified repair shops in my state per recommendation of Samsung Care Plus representatives. All of the repair shops state there is a back order on the screen for the S23 Ultra. Not a single one is willing to call me when parts come in, nor have any idea when they will get parts. On a flagship model that is less than 1 year old. 

So in the Claim system Samsung Care and repair shops cannot order the screen to the claim. Therefore I have made 5 claims that have all been canceled because the shop does not have the parts. Since they cannot order the parts for the claim there is no way for me to secure a screen for the repair. This is very strange in 2023 when the repair shop claims they have screens but not for insurance claims. Can anyone explain how they have parts if you pay full price instead of using insurance? Sounds like a repair shop not wanting to do the work because Samsung Care  Plus does not pay enough for the cost of the repair. Except no one will be honest about this. Nor can anyone give me a timeline for parts to arrive. If someone could even help me secure the repair part I can wait months if I have to. However, based on other online forums I do not feel safe sending my device into Samsung Care Plus for repair. Nor do I find it reasonable that I would have to wait 4 weeks to get it back, if I get it back. 

The best part of all of this though is Samsung Care claims they can fix my phone in 3-4 weeks if I send it in. For one that is an unrealistic timeline for someone to be without their phone. Is Samsung going to refund the cost I am paying for on the phone since I cannot use it? 

Can anyone tell me what is going on with Samsung here? This will likely be my last Samsung purchase due to this experience. 

11 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Unfortunately, as your'e in Beginner level1, we are unable to request the information from you in DM(direct message).

We kindly request you to contact our Live chat team by the link given below.

So that they will help you accordingly and try to resolve the issue soon.

Please contact our Live chat team by the link given below.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
That's bad to hear on your experience...this also makes s23u owners think like me.....I also paid for samsung care plus...the device is just 11 months old and no parts available..that's crazy...the repair timelines are crazy but it depends on region...try taking your broken phone to samsung store near you(if can) it might be faster....
Lizziloui
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I fully echo duckman56's sentiment. I have been unable to have my s23 Ultra's screen replaced for over a month. My entire state is out of the front glass and my Care claim has been closed  numerous times due to parts availability. Very disappointing. As I wait for the part to come in, I have purchased a Google Pixel 6 to see if I want to make the switch to the 8. If I like the features, I'll likely be becoming a Pixel customer as a result of this very frustrating experience. 

Dk0708
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have filed a claim also in November and their is no screen available and my insurance company is asking me to use rebuild phone with no guarantee on color storage or anything but when I called Samsung screen is available and they want to repair it but insurance providers and their repair shops just say backorder. I just realized not to invest in phones as it's sad
Sintara
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm also waiting on a backordered screen. It is very frustrating as my screen is completely black so I'm using an old S8. Mine has been on backorder for 3weeks now. I'm in Canada
jbrown53074
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I am sadly in the same boat as you all and many others. 

I bit the bullet and went with the device replacement for 3x the screen replacement price. However it was the only solution with a quick fix, promised me overnight shipping, etc. 

Week and a half later, no phone. I've spent more than 15 hours between Samsung Care, Samsung, UsCellular. 
Samsung Care just now updated me the Phone itself is now on backorder. I was promised earlier in the week it would ship in 2-3 days.

I was able to get ahold of a Supervisor at SamsungCare who claimed Samsung is providing 10,000 units on 10/12 for device replacements. "Hopefully we can fulfill your request at that time". It's 10/12, and I got a new line of lies for next week with no reference to the lies I was told earlier this week. Now I'm told "for sure next week". 

It's all lies. I can't stand it. I'm patient, understanding, and polite to every rep I speak to. No help. 

It's a really disheartening after spending so much on the S23ultra to not be able to get it fixed less than 6 months after purchase. 

Samsung needs to look in the mirror and do better. Their service across their appliances  has been so bad many retailers won't place them on the floor. Now this same quality of service is going into their phones.

Tbones77
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

+1 very frustrated that I can’t get a screen anywhere in socal…

tdDarkKight
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My wife and I both have S23 Ultras and are deaking with the same issue. She has been trying. For 3 months and I have been trying for the last month to get a screen replacement.

I have reached out to Samsung multiple times and I am met with the same basic response presenting me with unrealistic options.

My care + plan runs out in less than and a month and I can just see them screwing me over when they finally fet parts in. 

Scipio
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am also having the same issue. This experience is seriously making me reconsider purchasing samsung products in the future.