Original topic:

S7 overheating

(Topic created on: 05-24-2017 03:45 PM)
Naruto
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I had my S7 for almost a year now, and today it started over heating like crazy that it was too uncomfortable to hold it in my hand. I was using it at home and I was using it for web browsing and watching youtube videos.

i have noticed it get warm in the past when it's charging but thats just time to time not a big deal.

i ended up restarting my phone, and then turning off high performance mode. After a while it cooled down but it still gets a little warmer than the usual temporarily.

Any suggestion on what might be causing this? How to avoid it? I'm thinking it's the high performance mode but its the first time I noticed this since the update. Hence, I always keep my phone on high performance mode unless I need the battery power.
7 Comments
Galaxy S
have you tried the hardware diagnostic menu?
Galaxy S
call *#0*# to use the diagnostics tool.
Naruto
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks I just did it and everythings normal. Temperature was 33 Celsius idk if thats normal or not but I know yesterday it was much warmer than 33 Celsius.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
hmm...mine is pretty close to that so that's a good sign. maybe check it again when it's warm?
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Naruto, in addition to the diagnostic tool, try to disable or uninstall any unused apps and also move some of your extra pictures, videos, files onto another device. Hopefully that will also help with the overheating.

-Nick
0 Likes
Galaxy S
btw do you have an sd card in your phone right now? Try ejecting it temporarily.
0 Likes
rony1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
If you fast charge over heating will be normal. the heat might stay in the device a bit after that.
0 Likes