Original topic:

S9 heating up since last update

(Topic created on: 07-28-2019 04:09 PM)
Jon1231
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, anyone else have this issue? My S9 heats up even when I'm using it lightly. For example: typing this message, browsing the net, watching videos on youtube and Netflix. This has been going on for approximately 2 weeks now. I haven't installed anything new except for routine play store updates and the last system update.  My phone didn't have heat issues since purchase until now. This was that update:

Thanks, Jon.Screenshot_20190728-160457_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
That was just a Security Patch update & shouldn't have any impact on the running temperature of your device.

Depending on your location - It has been warmer than usual for the last couple of weeks & this MAY give you the impression that your device is running warmer..

You could always Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache (I do after every single OTA!) 🐧

To Boot into Recovery:

Power OFF your device:

Press Power + Bixby +Volume UP - Wait until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu defaults back to Reboot now - Select with the Power button - Done 🐧

See if you feel if your device is running cooler 🕊
Jon1231
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Wiping the cache made no difference. I've used my phone at warmer climates like the Philippines and it didn't warm up as much as it does now. I'm still looking for a solution. Thanks.

0 Likes
findmymobile
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
hey how are you I saw that you put up information I just want a question from you do you have any problem for a Google or a Samsung device because my phone have so many trouble
0 Likes