Original topic:

Samsung Music Keeps Adding Duplicate Songs to Playlists (Samsung Galaxy S10)

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 08:55 AM)
Jessca
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hello! I just recently started using Samsung Music, and I'm loving the design of the UI. However, now that I'm starting to sort my songs into playlists, I noticed that the app doesn't prompt me when I accidentally add duplicate songs into the same playlist. I also have the "Don't allow duplicate songs" feature checked off in the settings, but it keeps adding duplicate songs anyway. Has anyone found a solution to this? I also tried clearing the app's cache and data but to no avail.
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
np glad I was able to help someone 👍
Davep1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi. It's happened to me but with the library, all are doubled. Would it have anything to do with having music on phone And sd card?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Jessca,

Sorry about the delay - I got backlogged for a bit!

Hrm, that seems like an issue or a bug - I tried it myself, and i seem to have the same results. I've forwarded it to the team so they'll take a closer look at it. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thank you to everyone that helped out and responded!

Jeremy

Kicks23
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello!

Is there still no update on this? 

0 Likes
VenusVex
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
2023, still happens lol.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Jessca, 

Just a quick update - we manged to recreate the issue officially - we're going to forward it on, and try to fix it! Thank you so much for bringing it up to us:]

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jessca
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi Jeremy, thanks so much for your help! I'm glad it wasn't just a problem I was having. Looking forward to the fix in the next update ^^
rhubba4863
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This problem still occurs. When selecting "Dont allow duplicate songs" the user still can allow duplicate in his playlist. This does not only refer to 2 different song copies of same title, but the exact copy of the song (name, location, album... etc) can still be added 2++ times to that playlist. This proves  "Dont allow duplicate songs" is not working as desired.

0 Likes
Rvtje
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, 

yes i've got the same problem. When i've restarted my phone and open samsung music, sometimes the tracks have duplicated itself in the playlists. For example this morning it had 1500 tracks while i actually have 80 tracks in there. I hope it will be fixed by the next update, because i have to delete them manually everytime

0 Likes
KingShad
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I guess this issue/bug was never fix. I'm still having the same problem. 

0 Likes