Original topic:

The real problem continue

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 07:12 PM)
Ianin
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Hi. I have asked my mobile carrier to help me with my problem with my samsung galaxy s21. As you recall, I wrote "They have a bad habit of dropping data, and it’s no joke. So far on my s21 I have had my data go away, and once it dropped data and I was unable to access my phone for about a week." Well, after having this problem for over a year, the carrier has finally sent me a replacement phone. Unfortunately, the replacement phone is in the exact same model as my old phone, and as we all know, these phones have the same problem. When I try to connect to my carrier's network, it says my phone's "service is not available".

However, my phone's carrier seems to be aware of this problem, because they sent me a brand new phone. They are the only ones who can solve this problem. I have sent them over 200 emails, and still the carrier is unwilling to acknowledge my problem.

So, I am asking you guys for help. What do you think is causing this problem? Do you think the phone itself is defective? Is there a problem with your "service"? Did they even send the phone to a service technician? Do you think I should buy a new phone, even though it would be the same model as my old one, and I would still be experiencing the same problem? Is there any other option that I can take before filing a complaint with the BBB?

I think you're out of options in terms of finding a "solution". I have no idea what this "problem" is about, but I can say that the carrier in question has absolutely no incentive to fix it. Well, I have gotten so fed up with the situation that I just canceled my contract. I have sent a complaint to the BBB, and I am now just waiting to see what happens. I also have my other carrier, Telus Mobile, who has given me a brand new phone. I was able to use my Bell data plan on my new phone, but my data didn't go over 2.5G at all.

However, when I tried to use my Boost data plan on my old LG K4, I was unable to go past 2.5G. I've tried to talk to them about this, but they've said nothing. However, I did tell them that my other carrier said I could use their plan on my old LG phone, but not my new one, and they didn't respond to that either. I've called three different customer service people, and each time I've been told that I "shouldn't expect any service" until I "prove" that my service has been broken (which they said they are not going to do, unless they receive a complaint from me).

Do you think I should buy a new phone, even though it would be the same model as my old one, and I would still be experiencing the same problem?

I had a Samsung Galaxy S6 and everything was fine. However I had no problems for about a year. I didn't have any problems with the screen. All I wanted was to have my data not drop. It started and it happened very quickly. I was downloading something and all of a sudden my phone had no more data. So I thought I needed to contact someone so that I could get this resolved.

I am not quite sure what to do next. I have been on the android forums for awhile now, and I am new to this. I have posted several times, and no one has really answered me or at least no one that I can understand. As you might see, I don’t know too much about android, though I do know I’m fairly capable of picking up on new things, and most of the time you guys are very helpful. I don’t have much of a question other than my concern for getting the data that I paid for back. I know you guys are busy, but can someone help me, and if you don’t know, can you point me in the direction that you would direct someone?

2 Comments
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ianin, We suggest you to get the phone examined by the authorized service technician to determine the root cause of the issue.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"over 200 emails"? 😂 🙄