Original topic:

Why can't my camera take a realistic photo?

(Topic created on: 06-07-2024 02:11 PM)
Lanarchy
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I dislike the "optimization" feature in Samsung S24 Ultra camera. It is absolutely junk! It takes good detailed, nice clear and real photos and turns them to AI generated mush....I have done everything to minimize this feature but am thoroughly disappointed in my purchase of this phone. Why can't we turn off the feature? I've done everything suggested to minimize the way the camera decides to change your photo. Nothing works. Dont know about you, but i don't want my photos to look like badly drawn cartoons! That moon picture controversy now seems like its true, Samsung DOES change your photos. Not cool, Samsung! And especially for how expensive this phone is. How are these good photos when the details are mushed over, highly filtered, with inaccurate blown out colours and a highly inaccurate capture of reality. Ive been a loyal Samsung supporter for many years but now I just want my money back.

0 Likes
5 Comments
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Hmmm.

First, take a deep breath, in & out.
Realize that for the last 7 years, ALL manufacturers' phones have changed pictures we take using some sort of algorithmic calculations via a certain chip within. Some overpriced, some under processed, etc.

You should have a Pro & Pro RAW feature in your camera to take the best pics.

That said, I got to Main Settings, Advanced Features, and then Advanced Intelligence.

On my S23, which supposedly got all the features your S24 got, I'm curious if disabling here resolves this for you?
Lanarchy
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I disabled as much as possible, wherever possible, I've done a lot of research and the phone still "processes" and then my picture looks nothing like what I actually shot. It's extreme. I've had Samsung phones the last 7 years, and this S24 is probably the worst camera I've ever had in a cellphone. My last phone, S20 had 50,000 pictures on it, and never felt it distorted photos the way the S24 does.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Maybe the apps are different between Galaxy versions. On my Camera app I have to long press the app icon, then tap the app info, then Camera Settings, and finally Intelligent optimization. From there I can select minimum, medium, or maximum quality optimization. Minimum will do the least amount of processing on the image.
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Excellent!
See thru collaboration some of us (me here) learn something new.

1717942095197_1717942095182_0.jpg
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Lanarchy, we feel very sorry to hear about your issue and certainly understand how frustrating that must be for you. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you.

Please go to your camera settings on photo mode and turn off intelligent optimization and scene optimization off. Use Raw mode or Pro mode and see if that helps you. 

You may try this setting and check if this might fix the issue. Go into your Samsung Gallery app and go in the settings by clicking the 3 lines below right corner. Then go and turn off Super HDR.

Thank you.

0 Likes