Original topic:

OneDrive and Samsung Gallery not syncing s23 (stock ROM)

(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 12:15 AM)
Umka
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I have this weird problem that plagued my s22 and now s23 (stock ROM latest one Ui 5,1 s9110).
I am wondering if anyone has found a solution to this.

The problem:
When i go to Samsung Gallery on my Galaxy s23 and click and Synchronize Gallery with OneDrive, i am getting an error saying
SERVER ERROR OCCURRED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

I am aware of the workarounds, OneDrive photos backup feature backups photos from Samsung phone without problems. But it is not synchronized. I want it to be synced so that if I delete a picture from OneDrive it is also deleted from the Gallery, and vice versa, if i delete something from gallery, i want it to be deleted from OneDrive as well.

I have looked for solutions on other forums, but nothing i could find worked for me. Here is what I tried - maybe it will help someone
1) Logout from you Onedrive, Logout from Samsung Galaxy account. Wipe cache and data from OneDrive app in Settings>Apps reboot and re login to both Samsung Account and OneDrive
2) Create new Onedrive Account and Samsung Account
3) Reboot to Recovery and Wipe cache.

On the other hand, Backup feature and File syncing in Samsung Files app works just fine with existing settings.
Why is that MyFiles app has not problem syncing with OneDrive while Gallery app gives an error?

Could you please let me know if there is a solution?
I apologize if this has been answered before, I could not find an answer on this forum, but if there is one, kindly please give me a link.

THANK YOU

Screenshot_20230501_155011_Samsung Cloud.jpg

10 Comments
Galaxy S
I am not sure what causing it too. But I have a suggestion. Can you choose only few photos to try sync or try sync 1 photo to see if there is an error?
Umka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

There is no option to choose 1 or many photos. The process fails when trying to connect Galaxy Account to OneDrive - it gives an error before i can choose folders/photos to synchronize.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try this:

• Log out of One Drive on your device.
  • Remove your Samsung Account from Samsung Cloud. 
  • Remove your Samsung Account from your device. 

• Add your Samsung Account back to your device. 
  • Log back into Samsung Cloud. 
  • Log back into your One Drive account, and you should be able to link your Gallery to your One Drive account successfully. 
Umka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Dear  RedDogRabbit

Thank you for your answer.

I know how to logout from OneDrive and how to remove Samsung Account from my phone. However, I do not understand what you do mean by  "Remove your Samsung Account from Samsung Cloud."  I use my Samsung account to login to Samsung Cloud and there is no option to remove Samsung account from Samsung cloud on Web not on Android device.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"Remove your Samsung Account from Samsung Cloud", sorry Log Out from Samsung Cloud. 

Umka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I tried this a couple of times but did not work for me unfortunately.

is there nothing that can be done?

• Sign out of OneDrive.
  • Remove your Samsung Account from your device.
  • Clear Cache for BOTH OneDrive & Samsung Gallery
    ⚠️⚠️ONLY CACHE ⚠️⚠️ NOT Data ⚠️⚠️
  • Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache.
  • Add your Samsung Account back to your device.
  • Sign into OneDrive and
  • try to Sync your gallery with OneDrive.

0 Likes
Members_vRBcOiJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

same i have tried it and also fails to sync. is there any possible work arounds to this?

0 Likes
Members_DO0Eghd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem with galaxy s23. This worked fine for me on my galaxy s7 edge. I think the error message is just a generic error message and until samsung fix the gallery app to display the real problem we will never know how to fix it.

0 Likes
Members_qskJuoy
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the same problem too, I can't sync my One Drive with my photos either, its very annoying especially on a brand new phone 

0 Likes