Original topic:

why does my games, apps or internet freeze and crash when switching wifi/data

(Topic created on: 04-17-2020 02:15 PM)
MackMurder
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
It is absolutely ridiculous. 
My iphone used to be able to switch back and forth from wifi to data and vice versa without skipping a beat, without getting connection error, without closing a game, without essentially crashing whatever I'm using.......
My samsung galaxy 10 on the other hand through telus, if im playing clash of clans and my phone switches from data to wifi or vice versa my game closes and I have to reboot. 
This phone costs 1000 dollars and it cant even switch between wifi and data without hitting a brick wall? Please tell this is a bug or something g or I'll be going back to apple or google for my next phone this year. 

Thanks

0 Likes
9 Comments
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Have you actually checked the app settings? or maybe it's something that isn't optimized to Android properly
0 Likes
MackMurder
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have. And I mean it's not just games, but browser, or any app.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S
Hi@MackMurder
Please check if this settings is enabled on the device.
Settings > Connections > Press and hold on your wifi network > More settings (three dots) > Advanced > Enable Switch to mobile data.

If possible, please insert the SIM card on other phone and check if it works fine or experiencing the same issue. Note: please backup the data using smart switch before removing the SIM card from S10.

If it works fine on other device, please perform reset network settings. Open settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
0 Likes
MackMurder
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
hey halston. thanks for replying. everything is greyed out. I cannot select those options.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Do you have Mobile Data enabled - Doesn't look like it.
It's available on my device.. If you do have Mobile Data enabled & it's STILL greyed out - Then you either have a problem with your SIM card or Network.
Settings - Connections - Reset Network Connections.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Options are greyed out because WiFi is disabled.
0 Likes
MackMurder
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I do have mobile data enabled at all times. i reset the network settings like u mentioned and still nothing
0 Likes
MackMurder
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I will contact my service provider maybe?
0 Likes
MackMurder
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
your right options are greyed out because wifi was off. when it turn it on, and make all the options blue, load up my game, or internet and then turn off wifi quickly it says, your phone has list connection to the server
0 Likes