Original topic:

Why does Samsung block call recording?

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 09:20 AM)
Ally838383
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I know they allow it natively in some regions. However they block it in other regions which allow it. Why is this? How do they choose who gets it and who doesn't? 

When we ask for it, they say they will pass on the feedback, which they never do.

When will Samsung actually make this update instead of giving false platitudes.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Ally838383
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have found cube acr and tried it, but it doesn't work for Bluetooth headsets or wired headsets, which are the bulk of my calls.

Native call recording works for all use cases.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What Country do you in to get native call recording? 

0 Likes
Ally838383
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Most Asian and ME countries seem to have it enabled. North America and Europe are barred
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What Country are* you in to get native call recording?

Edit:

I think that I misunderstood your post. I THOUGHT that you were saying that you HAVE native call recording. 

0 Likes
Avariel
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
It's frustrating that they offer it in other regions, yet it's legal in Canada for us, but Samsung has it disabled for us. Samsung shouldn't be disabling that on us. Because while there are 3rd party apps, their functionality is hampered because of the restrictions that android 9 and above put on them. The native function that is there already would be far superior to them, so Samsung, please stop blocking access to that function.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

In this case, it's actually not Samsung's fault. 

Native call recording doesn't seem to be available in North America. 

In response to Samsung Moderators reply, you can't just "download any 3rd party app" for call recording. Most of them don't work properly, or at all. 

Cube ACR DOES work for me, but try a few different trial versions, and see what works for you. 

I've tried Boldbeast & although it may have worked in the past, it doesn't work well for me now. 

Here's a link to some more information about call recording, along with a screen shot of the countries that currently have native call recording. 

https://www-androidpolice-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.androidpolice.com/2021/08/18/call-recording...

thread-117420889-4476618203844967386-668x410.png

0 Likes