Original topic:

Add double tap on fingerprint sensor to activate unlock .

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 08:20 PM)
phani
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Z
Add double tap on fingerprint sensor to activate fingerprint sensor when locked.. always on results in too many unnecessary touches and double tap on screen is bit of extra burden on fingers..
Double tap on fingerprint sensor avoids both of them....

10 Comments
Galaxy Z
Good idea!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

On my S20 Ultra, Go to Settings > Search for "Finger Print", or Always On Display & Toggle On Finger Print Always On & Show Icon When Screen is Off.

Then you only have to Touch the Finger Print icon once to unlock your device.

3 October 2022 082714 GMT-0400.jpg

phani
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Yes but with physical fingerprint scanner being on side will have lot of finger touches.. just like double tap wakes up screen if we have double tap on fingerprint to unlock it would be great.. Fold users will know what I mean..
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
But wouldn't double taping on the fingerprint to unlock the device mean that anyone can unlock it?
0 Likes
phani
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
I said just to activate fingerprint to accept fingerprint scanning and once fingerprint scanned it let's you in
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
At the moment on my Note 20 Ultra, when my screen is off, I double tap the screen and it wakes up and then I unlock with my fingerprint. Do you mean to have the fingerprint sensor scan your finger when you double tap?
0 Likes
phani
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
This is physical fingerprint sensor on Z fold
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Sorry my bad, I just realized that you were talking about the Z Fold
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi phani, we will consider it as a valuable feedback. We will forward it to the appropriate team for review.

Samsung always appreciates customers who take their time out to give us their valuable feedback and suggestions.

0 Likes