Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Fold 4 Wifi keeps disconnecting

(Topic created on: 11-24-2022 04:57 PM)
vicky01
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I got my fold 4 yesterday and I have noticed wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting back. I have 3 other samsung phones but none of them having this issue.

Anybody else noticed this issue?
19 Comments
genewx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Yes, I got same issues

0 Likes
vicky01
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Checkout the comment from Axton in comments, it fixed my issue
0 Likes
stankopp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

None of this is working for me. I see all kinds of connections and the Zfold 4 will connect, bur it is short-lived. When I check connections, I am informed that connection failed even though it was connected and showing WiFi 6. It is the only piece of equipment that has the issue. Even my coffee maker stays connected. I am at a loss. this just started over night for no apparent reason.

0 Likes
ShadoWCrafT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z

I have same issues these few days..

0 Likes
SatoTatsuya
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z
My Fold4 just started to have WiFi issues as well. I do not have Bluetooth and WiFi with the phone unfolded and using the interior main screen.
I will need to restart the phone (with it folded), and only use the exterior screen in order for the WiFi to work.
I've already tried resetting the network setting on the phone.
Is this a software issue or a hardware issue? It just randomly started happening.
0 Likes
SatoTatsuya
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z
Has there been any updates to this? My phone is still having WiFi and Bluetooth issues.
0 Likes
Bxr76
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Did you ever resolve this...mine has been doing this for a few weeks... not sure if the WiFi inside is damaged...have tried all the resets suggested and can only get WiFi when phone is closed :( 

0 Likes
Bicleu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I had the same issues a little over three months ago.  My wifi went out.  Couldn't see anything to connect to, but I just used my cell service.  And then that went out!  I checked with ATT store and they sent me to a couple of other places (Best Buy and ubreakifix).  No luck and I ended up having to get the phone replaced.  It's been working fine until a couple of days ago.  My cell service disappeared but rebooting worked.  And then it just happened again about 30 minutes.  Rebooting worked again.  I'm just concerned that it will turn into a brick again soon.

0 Likes
Samsung_nJCTwAp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

The Wi-Fi failing to function is a pervasive issue on the Fold 4. There are some references online that this was an issue with the Fold 3 as well which indicates that Samsung was aware of this issue for some time now. My Wi-Fi setting began malfunctioning yesterday. I was told to Factory reset the phone which did not solve the issue. I have chatted with Samsung Customer Service and my service provider both of whom refuse to acknowledge any responsibility because the device is beyond warranty. They recommend repair at my expense as the only solution.
I argue that the Wi-Fi not functioning after a period of about a year is a manufacturing or design defect not an issue that resulted from neglectful usage. Numerous online comments and complaints by Fold 4 owners and users throughout the world with the same issues under the same parameters give evidence to the veracity of this statement.
I am certain that Samsung would agree that Wi-Fi functionality is a fundamental feature of any smartphone and having this functionality compromised on a flagship device around a year into ownership is not only profoundly disappointing and inconvenient but insisting that the repair of an obvious design defect must be paid for by the hapless owner is a warm invitation to migrate ecosystems to say the least. Like most owners here I was very enthusiastic about  the device and went out of my way to demonstrate and recommend its features and benefits to anybody that was curious. I looked forward to upgrading to the Fold 6 a few months down the road. Now with the lack of accountability, the 'forbidden fruit' looks very tempting.

AlSmi
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z

Well put!!!

A great phone, but I'm stuck with a  brick of a phone that is destroying mobile data!!

Its clearly evident that Samsung are failing to help with this inherent ticking time bomb of malfunction...

What might help would be some published reasoning to what has actually failed, so a targeted repair can take place.... For sure the "Reset" does not work, so what hidden hardware is truly the culprit? 

At present, a useless product at a cost of £1700, so if anyone is reading this, it's probably best to avoid any Fold phone like the plague, or until Samsung sort themselves out and act with a modicum of responsibility.....

0 Likes