Original topic:

S PEN FOLDABLE EDITION (Z Fold 3-4) vs SLIM S PEN (Z Fold 5)

(Topic created on: 08-13-2023 04:19 AM)
Valzak83
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z

Apart dimensions, thickness, lenght, bulk and weight, why should I prefer the S PEN FOLDABLE EDITION (designed for previous generations of Z FOLD) over the new SLIM S PEN (designed for FOLD 5)?

Does the Foldable Edition one recharges via induction (by touching the backplate of the device) like the S PEN for SAMSUNG TABLETs or via USB CABLE like S PEN PRO, so adding AIR ACTIONS (like taking a pic with camera from distance), or is it literally the same pen just like SLIM S PEN (which I personally own), with no battery, no bluetooth connections and, thus, no Air Actions but just Air Commands I can use by clicking the button on the S PEN itself, while the S PEN has its tip close to the display of the Z FOLD?

Thanks in advance to whoever will answer me!

1 Comment
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
The S pen for Fold 5 just came out and it's the new edition that is smaller and thinner to fit in the new cases.

While the S pen fold edition is a separate accessory that came out a while ago ever since the Fold 3.

So basically, the fold S pens are just being updated.

I don't think you can buy the S pen for Fold 5 separately yet. Only with the cases.

Only the S pen with previously the Note phones and now the S22 Ultra and S23 Ultra and also the S pen Pro that has Bluetooth functionality with a rechargeable battery with Air actions. Other S pens for folds only have air commands and no battery and no Bluetooth.

Of course, you could have your opinion and prefer one over the other. But it's not about whether you SHOULD or not.

Some prefer the bigger sized S pens cause it feels more like you're holding an actual pen and it's more comfortable. While others prefer it to be smaller and more portable.
0 Likes