Original topic:

700 series smart TV

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 08:08 PM)
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Options
Others
This question definitely is for anyone connected to tech services. 
Re:-UN58NU7100 S/N 07PN3CRM100586A
I'm ashamed to admit that I messed up. Won't go into details of how but I allowed some CA Glue dribble down the screen. Waited til I thought it was dry & after doing a successful test dab in cornet, attempted to clean with acetone (not nail polish remover), but realized that glue was not totally cured. Tried using a plastic scraper only to have the glue chip the plastic. I usually have a very good feel whereas pressure is concerned, so I got a new scraper blade out & gently started at bottom of dribble & was very successful almost 7/8th the way to the top when blade caught top layer of the screen lifting a small piece of the screen about 3/8"w×5/8"l. I immediately stopped & with finger, attempted to smooth out the piece back flat. Unfortunately for me the underside of the slice picked up some of the scrapped dribble, which I was unable to remove. MY BAD!!!!😩. At this time, I am not able to get another new TV ( Samsung of course!) so my question for you all is.......
Is the a particular type of clear tape that will pick-up the vid in the blank space under the slice ( underneath the slice is just a white screen). I can put up what I see as it is. That's a small smudge, which is a tiny bit of white light at the bottom of the smudge. Thanks for reading this. Cheers Oldbroad. 
0 Likes
2 Comments
Others
Just a suggestion. Instead of taking matters into your own hands to fix the problem, you should have taken the TV to a certified electronics shop to get it properly repaired. Sometimes if you try to fix these problems yourself, you are doing more damage than what has already been done.
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Others
Thanks Jayman, I have a great deal of experience & thought I was being super careful. I was doing fine until I actually cut the screen. Now I either have a new screen installed or upgrade to a newer TV. That of course will depend on what a service center charges me. Most are like the Stereotype Plumber. Ihave always been very independent & stubborn! Now it will cost me. Don't need pointing out my failures. On top of that visually the damage is very minimal and barely visible so I can live with it for a while. In my house there has never been a flashing light on any piece of electronic equipment, ever! I made a mess, then just a wrong move caused damage that I now have to live with for awhile. Thanks again. Cheers Oldbroad Angela 🇨🇦
0 Likes