Original topic:

Adaptive Battery

(Topic created on: 02-19-2024 12:31 AM)
Anderson199214
Active Level 6
Options
Others
I just want to say the adaptive battery setting is limiting a ton of performance and smoothness & consistency on the Samsung devices tablets and smartphones 

To get the highest performance back like you guys should have 
Turn it off (no impact on battery life) 
Now everything is hyperfast animations & performance & smoothness and ton more....
Hyperfast performance when opening, scrolling & gaming experience has been hyperfast too
It's a game changer 

Let me know below what you guys think 🤔 

Others
Have you tried to reboot the device & turn off ram plus
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
I ran device care a couple of times a day normally but did not run ram plus. Will try it and reboot.
Others
Never clear nothing about ram or performance by clearing things your killing your battery by 2.5x faster by reloading it the OS will turn it off automatically. (Apps)

TURN OFF RAM PLUS ALL TOGETHER
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
I re-ran RAM Plus and reboot phone, after one day test, I turned the adaptive battery option on again due to the power consumption being a bit higher. It might be caused by my some settings such as higher display resolution/mode/....
0 Likes
Others
RAM Plus will use more battery than normal because it's using storage too
50% ram & 50% storage

Adaptive battery limits performance
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
The RAM Plus does not take 50% ram and 50% storage.
Technically, the RAM Plus provides the virtual memory for apps from the storage memory ( the internal memory of your phone's 1TB/512GB/256/128) but not from RAM. The virtual memory size is configurable based on your phone's internal memory size. For example, on my s23u (521GB internal memory), the system recommands the virtua memory sizes are 2/4/6/8GB, and the default set is the 8GB. The setting is fine for me.
Obviously, for multiple apps running simultaneously with the best performance, those virtual memories are definitely needed. Certainly, RAM Plus should be on with a certain size of storage (/ internal) memory.
0 Likes
Others
I know it takes 2,4,6,8 gb of your internal storage
But I heard it add faster wear and tear on your SSD that's the reason why I turn it off and check the screens screenshot test I did recently
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
You need to understand the purpose/usage of VIRTUAL MEMORY in systems.
0 Likes
Others
I just chat with a higher level Samsung technical support he strongly recommends to let ram plus at the highest level & does not wear and tear the ssd
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
That's correct. More virtual memory is better for app performance, but the side effects are storage space getting smaller. It's trade-off cases depending on your needs, performance, or storage space?