Original topic:

Push notifications not working on some apps

(Topic created on: 03-16-2023 05:57 PM)
Waltzdisney
Active Level 1
Options
Others
So it's been awhile since I've gotten my s23, and push notifications still aren't working on SOME apps. E.g. I don't always receive a notification when someone messages me on Facebook messanger. It simply doesn't show up, and I have missed important messages. I reinstalled, and that may have fixed it. But, on another game that I play (pokemon go) I receive zero push notifications all together. I've played with adaptive battery, cleared cache and data, reinstalled, etc. I looked at a forum for the game and multiple people have this problem. So, I'm here thinking, what else might it affect, and when is it getting a fix, does Samsung even know about this (think it's an android 13 issue)... or is there a temporary fix in the meantime for this? The same thing happens on my old phones (s9 and s20)
0 Likes
11 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Have you went into each app settings and allowed the notifications? I had noticed while setting up my phone that when I open some apps, it asks if I want to allow notifications or not while some other apps, nothing had popped up. So I decided to go mess with the settings in each of my installed apps and noticed that many had the notifications blocked.

Also, for messenger at least, it may help to toggle on "appear on top" as it would make the little bubble appear everytime you get a message. If you keep it off, you won't see that bubble and therefore, might miss the notifications.

Personally, I haven't had any issues with notifications on my S23 Ultra.
0 Likes
Waltzdisney
Active Level 1
Others
Yeah, I have. Unfortunately it hasn't worked.
0 Likes
sjean83
Beginner Level 2
Others
Me too. I get no notifications on a few apps, particularly Facebook, unless I actually open the app and I followed anout 15 different steps from andriod help, and still none. No app icon badges or red dots on the fb icon.
0 Likes
agnesxo
Beginner Level 2
Others
Did you figure out how to fix if? Having same issue
0 Likes
MoeElnono
Active Level 4
Others
Have you used /enabled Sleep in Modes and Routines? I experienced the same issues even after turning sleep off
0 Likes
Waltzdisney
Active Level 1
Others
Nope. I actually have those particular apps on never sleep now
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, please Check the notification settings for your app. Ensure notifications are turned on and set to the correct sound or vibration.

Restart your device. A restart can often fix temporary software glitches that may be causing problems with notifications.

0 Likes
Waltzdisney
Active Level 1
Others
I have done all of the above. :/. Tbh I'm just reporting a problem (which hopefully gets fixed from an update), more than looking for a solution at this point.
AJplaysFTW
Beginner Level 3
Others
Same issue with my s23 ultra, samsung support recomended to exchange it but im about to day fk it all and return for a refund ans grab the new iphone at this point....
0 Likes