Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Changing background colours in texting app

(Topic created on: 08-16-2021 08:26 PM)
iliza_ken_fedy
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Hi! So I just got a galaxy s21 ultra today, went on the Samsung store and bought a theme for my phone and saw in the pictures that my texting app should have changed as well (like the background and text bubbles) is there something I need to do that I'm missing? Thanks to anyone who can offer help, Google didn't have much 😉

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
S21 Ultra comes with both Samsung and Google messages, i think you might me using Google messages. The keyboard changed as you're using rhe Samsung keyboard. Make sure you're using Samsung messages.

If you are using Samsung messages, try restarting your device.Screenshot_20210817-064001_One UI Home~3_12607.jpg

View solution in context

13 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Others
Are you using dark mode?
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Others
If you're using dark mode take it off and your theme should work
0 Likes
Others
Hmm I don't think I'm using dark mode, but I'll double check!
0 Likes
Others
Thank you 😊
0 Likes
Others
Hmm yeah dark mode is off 🤔 I've looked at YouTube as well and that isn't much help 🤣
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
Are you using Samsung messages ? Theme won't work if you're using Google messages.
Others
I think so, I'm just using the messaging app that came with the phone, I mean I have the keyboard colour changed, it's just the texting bubbles now that won't change
0 Likes
Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
S21 Ultra comes with both Samsung and Google messages, i think you might me using Google messages. The keyboard changed as you're using rhe Samsung keyboard. Make sure you're using Samsung messages.

If you are using Samsung messages, try restarting your device.Screenshot_20210817-064001_One UI Home~3_12607.jpg
Others
Thank you so much I'll give that a try!
0 Likes