Original topic:

Changing Country for my Samsung Account

(Topic created on: 08-18-2017 03:14 AM)
iamkhan
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Hi,

I'd like to change the country for my Samsung Account. Any help/ guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.fceb27ff-8745-4696-9edd-7fdbdfbece5f.jpg
36 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Others
Changing region or country won't help you with anything. Is there anything you planning to achieve by changing region?
0 Likes
iamkhan
Active Level 1
Others
Yes, due to the current region being Kuwait, all correspondence from Samsung to me is in Arabic language. Secondly, I'd like to change it because of the contents/ apps which are region specific. Can you pls advice how can this be done. Thanks.
MithunPRO
Beginner Level 2
Others
  • Hello. You can't change it. It is some sort of privacy settings..
  • @jmak is totally wrong he said where did you buy the phone  there your country will be added that's 100%.. The correct answer is where did you create the account and when you create your account Samsung will say you have country and region.
  • WARNING ⚠️  do not send personal phone settings number like IMEI 
Jmak
Active Level 10
Others
Go to about--> software info. Can you add screenshot of that page to this link.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Others
I want build and baseband number
0 Likes
iamkhan
Active Level 1
Others
Here's what you'd requested. Hope I can get some help now. Thanks.c2e1e902-24e3-4ed3-8c9e-f4e3598d22f7.jpg
0 Likes
Anthonyrobin
Active Level 1
Others
Changing your country for your Samsung Account won't help you. Since you've bought your phone in this region, your build number should be different than the one sold in Canada and you will only received the upgrade of Kunwait. Every Android phone are made differently from country to country and you can decide that you phone is not made for Kuwait and choose Canada instead. BUT the language, I believe their is a solution for this but you'll have to go on your account through the Samsung website... 😕
0 Likes
iamkhan
Active Level 1
Others
I bought this phone in Canada, but my first Samsung account was created in Kuwait and since then, I've changed so many phones (bought in Canada), however I'm stuck with this region and language. Samsung atleast should give an option to chane the language and region to its users somehow to avoid this inconvenience.
Jmak
Active Level 10
Others
https://account.samsung.com/membership/getProfileInfo.do

login to your samsung account using link above and change your profile in their.
i misunderstood your actual concern. But this should fix your problem.
0 Likes