Original topic:

dbrand's at SES Toronto

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 03:43 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Samsung Canada is notorious for providing very very few colours to Canadians. While you could make a rainbow with the different S10 colours available worldwide, Samsung decided we're better living in black and white. Oh, and there's blue if you buy if online or at a SES, which means it's inaccessible to most people in Canada who buy their phones on a contract. So yeah, monochrome for no reason. It's not just the S10 but all models since the S7.

So while you mourn the lack of your favourite colour in Canada, you can also resign yourself to personalize your device with skins. dbrand's the reference for this. And now, instead of ordering online and attempting to do it right and failing miserably, you can now go to the flagship SES at Eaton Centre (no, not in Montreal, the one in Toronto), see the skins with your very own eyed and have the salespeople install it for you, for free too.

No word on an eventual expansion to other SES or in other stores or countries. But the only rule in business is to do it if it's profitable. Chances are that if this integration works, you'll see dbrand products at a store near you, but maybe with a markup (stores always get a cut, see)

32 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
By the way, anyone in Toronto knows if the Eaton Centre is directly connected to the nearby metro stations? If not, that's quite a missed opportunity, as ours in Montreal is connected to the two downtown lines and the RÉSO, and the REM in 2021. But if it is, then the integration was a wise decision
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Others
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Others
Hmm, I guess it's not as bad in Toronto then. As there are enough busses to cope with the delays. I guess Montreal needs more busses to compensate for the massive closures. I recently moved to Calgary anyways, and I'm releasing that Toronto has a far superior transit system despite the delays. I guess I should appreciate more instead of complaining.
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Others
Yes, the eaton centre is directly connected to the TTC subway station as well as the PATH network which is a 30km of underground tunnel connecting to multiple buildings in downtown.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Ah great, so it's like Montreal which also has an extensive underground network to go across downtown.

Nice to know that this shopping centre is directly connected to public transportation. Sustainability is key.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
The link you gave? A bit peculiar. When we need to work on our subway stations, stations are kept open. It's not easy and stations are butchered, but it's still fully operational. Though there were a few times that required the STM to close stations completely... for months. This happened to Beaubien and Beaudry stations as they required major renovations impossible to carry out safely with people around. And it will happen this summer as Orange line West terminus Côte-Vertu is closed to connect the line with the new underground subway garage nearby, to allow a greater amount of trains to be in service on the line, and also for hypothetical expansions of the western line towards Laval and the Bois-Franc REM station under construction.

Anyway, we don't have the bus capacity to compensate for such a big closure, even just for a weekend!
sully
Active Level 7
Others
Yes, Canada has amazing city planning. I also had no idea Montreal also had an extensive underground network. Nice to see the consistencies between cities in Canada.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
There are more consistencies. Compare the TTC subway with the STM subway. Looks oddly similar...

(Grey lines are Exo train lines, like the Go Train lines. Bonaventure is also a VIA Rail station. Blue line is getting an expansion)
sully
Active Level 7
Others
Oh that's really interesting. Quite similar. I wonder if the STM subway faces constant delay such as the TTC
0 Likes