Original topic:

HDMI port with Samsung tv UN65NU6900 and ps4, ps5, xbox,

(Topic created on: 02-27-2021 11:26 PM)
FTI4
Active Level 4
Options
Others

So Samsung,  ive had repair techs say I'm wrong, its the ps4, its the ps5, its the hdmi cable, ive had extended warranty clowns at ifixit in Vancouver say i was wrong, its the ps5 they've seen COUNTLESS issues like this with ps5 and this tv(funny, i doubt 1000s in Vancouver have a ps5 and this tv), But basically was on ps4 earlier. Decided to play ps5, switched the hdmi source to the ps5 (hdmi1), and low and behold. Flashing black screen again.

I had to boot in safe mode, and change resolution. Is this tv that fucking retarded that it can't pick up on resolution signal?
It is an HDMI PORT issue. Why are all these technical dumbies so fucking oblivious to this fact?

yes my *bleep* tv is updated, yes my consoles are updated, yes the hdmi cables are fine, jesus christ son i use the one that came WITH THE PS5, and i rarely if ever have had to unplug it. 

So samsung, whats the deal? im a pissed off customer that you guys tried to make look dumb, i have extended warranty, and i want to come to some kind of agreement we both can be happy with. 

I am waiting. If you'd like to chat not in a forum, i can leave an email if needed.

thanks 
0 Likes
5 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others

Well obviously your not up for chatting 😷

But...

I like to learn 😁
(I don't have this particular model of tv)

Does it do this on all hdmi ports 🤷
0 Likes
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
sorry, this tv has been nothing but trouble. And yeah the techs say its fine just by looking at it via picture test. smfh
not as far as i know, it happened on hdmi 1.
i had another thread,
but this happened other times and i tried 3 diff hdmi cables, same port, still flashing image/no image. but then i also used my laptop. Other hdmi had 0 issues with all the cables.
But yeah, the fact I've used multiple cables to test as wekk as multiple external devices that wouldn't show on screen on one port, but would on another, leads me to believe its hdmi port faulted.

Another thing to note, i can remedy it by safe mode bootup. which is a pain in the **bleep** but it works.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
sorry I just got off on a Saturday night bender 🤪🤣😭✌️

So your saying It does work on hdmi 0
And not hdmi 1 etc?

Iknow Some tvs hdmi ports are not all equal.

So put that mf in hdmi 0 and be happy playing 😁

(research)
0 Likes
ps5helptv
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have the exact same problem. Did you come up with a fix?

0 Likes
FTI4
Active Level 4
Others
new hdmi cable. get a Zeskit Maya 2.1 HDMI cable. set tv to 2160p Resolution.
had 0 issues since.
0 Likes