Original topic:

High pitch hum when variable refresh rate is used (Game Mode, Q80T 75")

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 11:18 AM)
simplesimon
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I have the exact same problem as posted here on the Samsung US community, except I am using an Xbox Series X instead of a PC.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/High-pitch-hum-when-variable-refresh-rate-is-used...

When I attempt to make a warranty claim on the Canadian site, the script used by the agent eventually requires me to connect another gaming device to the HDMI 2.1 port, and as for this post, I do not have another output device capable of VRR.

I literally cannot make a warranty claim.

Is there a moderator on the Canadian forum who can help me with this problem?

12 Comments
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, If you do not have another device, we suggest you to contact live chat support so that they will file the service ticket and the technician will examine it.

Here is the link www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
simplesimon
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi, I did live chat yesterday and the agent wouldn't let me progress past this point.

He said "I wish I would have certainly helped you if there was an alternative available."

I copied the entire chat session if you are interested.  I'm pretty sure their script leads up to this point, and without another device, you are just out of luck, which is ridiculous.

oflow
Beginner Level 2
Others

I just got a Samsung QN75QBAAFXZA on Black Friday had the same issue when I connect my series x with VRR enabled. I haven’t tried different hdmi cable I’m using the default one that came with the series x.

I don’t think the tv is broken it’s brand new and only does it with the console with VRR enabled. If I disable VRR it goes away. Doesn’t do it on other sources like cable or other game systems that do t use vrr.

Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, could you check if the TV firmware is up to date?

0 Likes
simplesimon
Beginner Level 2
Others

Let me know if you have any luck with Samsung warranty support. 

0 Likes
Members_wp3LxnZ
Beginner Level 4
Others

Glad to hear its not just me. I have a 75 in Q80A  QLED and mine makes a high pitch whine/hum when vrr is enabled. Can literally make it come and go on demand. I have it hooked up to an xbox series X and can confirm it makes the same noise with 3 different HDMI cables. To me the noise is unacceptable and will likely just return the tv as im still within the 30 day return window. Can confirm with samsung supports help have lastest software installed via usb. it did not help. I have wasted countless hours with tech support in chat boxes and no one can or is willing to admit this is either a problem or normal characteristic of the tv. I think I may just return and buy another brand which is a shame at the picture on this tv is amazing.

0 Likes
Members_wp3LxnZ
Beginner Level 4
Others

Glad to hear its not just me. I have a 75 in Q80A  QLED and mine makes a high pitch whine/hum when vrr is enabled. Can literally make it come and go on demand. I have it hooked up to an xbox series X and can confirm it makes the same noise with 3 different HDMI cables. To me the noise is unacceptable and will likely just return the tv as im still within the 30 day return window. Can confirm with samsung supports help have lastest software installed via usb. it did not help. I have wasted countless hours with tech support in chat boxes and no one can or is willing to admit this is either a problem or normal characteristic of the tv. I think I may just return and buy another brand which is a shame at the picture on this tv is amazing.

0 Likes
seanpatrick76
Beginner Level 3
Others

This is happening to me with a brand new Q80b. As soon as I enable freesync (game mode) there's a high pitch squeal from the back of the TV. It's infuriating!

RB88
Beginner Level 3
Others

I have the same issue as well. I’m getting a buzzing sound when I connect my Xbox/ go to the game mode. It stops if I remove the hdmi cable. I just got the TV yesterday and it’s  frustrating! Did you reach out to Samsung support?

0 Likes