Original topic:

How can I transfer photos off of my flip phone to my computer since I cannot use samsung Kies

(Topic created on: 01-20-2022 02:47 PM)
whitey43
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

HI I was wondering if someone could give my some help or ideas on how I could transfer my photos from my samsung flip phone.  I was using Samsung Kies before to transfer my photos but Now Samsung Kies does not work on my computers anylonger to do this.  So I was wondering if some body could suggested some ideas on how I might go about transfering my photos over from my Samsung flip phone to my computers.  I have one desktop with windows 10 home and one laptop with Windows 11 64 bit operating system

Some information that might be helpful

Windows 11 home 64 bit operating system laptop computer

Windows 10 64 bit operating system Desktop computer

Samsung Model: SM-B780W

ps if their is some software to help with the above please suggest it as well

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
4 Comments
Others

Samsung Kies has been retired. You need to use Samsung SmartSwitch in order to backup your photo to your computer. The link is Smart switch | Samsung CA.

Also, you can connect your phone and computer by using the USB-C to USB-A cable. Once you plugged in your phone to your computer. Unlock your phone screen. Then you will see your phone's folder, internal. Double click the folder and look for DCIM folder. All your photos should be inside there.

0 Likes
whitey43
Beginner Level 2
Others

HI Tallman

I would just like to say that I did download smart switch from the samsung.ca website.  Then I installed it on my windows 11 laptop once it was installed I connected my Samsung SM-B780W to the smart switch software.  But I must say that nothing happend the software did nothing it just stayed on the connect screen.  I also connected my usb cable to my cell phone then to my laptop in the software. Nothing changed.  So then I tried connecting my usb transfer cable to my laptop and then to my samsung cell phone but when I went to file explorer and then I clicked on This Pc my samsung folder did not come up as a device below the windows c drive.

I alo tried the same software smart switch on my windows 10 desktop and when the software was installed I connected the following cell phone with my usb cable to the software.  Nothing happened either the software just stayed on the connect your device page.

This is just a plain cell phone this is not an Android cell phone or a Galixy cell phone.

Open to more suggestions or more software suggestions if possible.

Thanks

0 Likes
Others
I use the My Phone link with Windows 10 and 11. It does give you access to your pictures easily.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi whitey43, We request you to follow the suggestions provided by Tallman.

Thank you, Tallman.

0 Likes