Original topic:

Incorrect gps location

(Topic created on: 06-19-2021 07:54 PM)
PRSH
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Hi all. 

I've recently purchased Galaxy M31 and facing a weird issue with gps. Everytime I open maps, it shows a location in Poland while presently I am in India. I have tried calibration but it doesn't make a difference. I cleared storage data for maps, then it worked properly that time. But next day same issue. Do I have to clear the data everytime before use?
7 Comments
Others
Are you using Google Maps?
0 Likes
PRSH
Active Level 1
Others
Yes sir.
0 Likes
Others
Did you enable improve accuracy under Location settings?

Also, did you enable google location?

Settings → Location

Do you see Google Maps under recent location request? Also, does Google Location Accuracy turn on?Screenshot_20210612-223735_Settings_45371.jpgScreenshot_20210612-223924_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
PRSH
Active Level 1
Others
Yes, all the above options are enabled.Screenshot_20210613-123015_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210613-123025_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi, Please could you try to back up and reset your device.

To Backup data: From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Back up data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select the content you want to back up, or simply tap Select all. When you are ready, tap Back up at the bottom of the screen. Tap Done when it is finished syncing. Please perform the below steps to reset the data. Before that, please sign out from the Google account and Samsung account on the device Settings >> General Management >> Reset >> Factory Data reset.

To restore the data: From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Restore data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select your desired device (at the top of the screen), and then select the content you want to restore.

Next, tap Restore at the bottom of the screen. If required, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data.

0 Likes
PRSH
Active Level 1
Others
Sure, I will & let you know. Thanks Valeriya.
0 Likes