Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung HT- J4500 continuous booting issue

(Topic created on: 06-24-2020 03:00 PM)
Jay_86
Active Level 2
Options
Others

I have Samsung HT-J4500 and it has been caught up in continuous booting issue since last Thursday

I have been following Samsung UK and Ireland forum. People are approved for repairs.. what's in Canada?

Here is the link for UK and Ireland posts from Forum

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/HT-J4500-home-cinema-cycling-on-and-off-repeatedly/t...

0 Likes
Resolved!
williemakeit
Beginner Level 2
Others

I've been having the same problem with my HT-J4500 since Thursday the same time. I've spent about an hour with online chat and gave all the details. They did acknowledge there is an issue and gave me a support ticket. I must bring the blu ray player to a repair center in Burnaby. I live in Surrey not far from there so not such a big deal. I was told it would be free of charge. Let's see what happens.

I'll update later after the results. 

0 Likes
Jay_86
Active Level 2
Others

You are lucky that these lazy sssses have finally acknowledged that there is a problem. In my case, Although I live in GTA, they didn't acknowledge it until yesterday. 

And you are luckier that they are giving you free repairs. They haven't even offered me anything so far  even after submitting original proof of purchase. **bleep** wrong with these people? Do different policies for two different people? 

0 Likes
williemakeit
Beginner Level 2
Others

I called the service center on Monday and they had no idea what I was talking about, or how I managed to get a service ticket on a product well out of warranty. So I explained what was going on and emailed the chat transcript with the ticket number. On Tuesday, brought the unit in and the lady behind the counter told me that they were being swamped with calls about the same problem and they had just received an email from Samsung that morning explaining the problem and that a solution will be coming at a later time. What the solution will be and when, nobody knows. So I have no idea when I will get my HT-J4500 back.
They also did insist I bring the receipt. I still had it and managed to find it. They said it was to prove that I bought the unit in Canada. I have no idea why that matters, this is not a warranty issue, it's a Samsung issue and it's global.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi williemakeit,

Please follow the above instructions as you have the same problem with the same model number of Home theater. I suggest you to contact our live chat support and check the available options as mentioned above.

0 Likes
Murph264
Beginner Level 2
Others

I am a Samsung Customer that lives in PEI, Canada and I am having the same issue of my HT-J4500 DVD player being in a constant reboot and I have been following an eu Community chat line and I posted the following to that chat line this afternoon and I have been asked by Jay86 if I could post it to this Canadian Char line as well. So here it is, it’s just a summary of what I’ve done to get some kind of movement from Samsung. 

“Update from this Canadian Samsung customer:

Connected yesterday, Wednesday, July 1st with James, through Samsung Canada support Chat line.

Samsung Chat Line for Canada:

https://chatbot.samsungcs-canada.com/chatbot?source=dotcom

Did not have to wait very long to get connected and this was yesterday, on a holiday here in Canada (our country’s Birthday), so I thought they would have reduced staff and therefore longer waiting times. So I was very pleased with that.

Before I tried connecting to the chat line, I had written up a little script before just so I could write everything down I wanted to say and not forget anything while I was rushing to type. I just copied and pasted my little script into my chat, once I got connected.

That little chat included my DVD model, the issue (constant reboot loop), when it started, the fact I knew it is a global issue and I also copied/pasted the link to the EU Community chat line to prove it was a known global issue.

So that way when I copied/pasted that note into the chat, everything I wanted to say was there , including the link to the chat room.

With all that information, he transferred me to someone in the TV & Audio support team, which did not take long at all, and when the 2nd agent read my note, he did not even hesitate.

He asked me for the following:

Name

Address

Email

Phone #

Where Purchased

When Purchased

Model #

Serial #

He then advised that he would email me a shipping label (which he did advise may take a couple of hours to receive the email and it did take a couple of hours.

They sent my, by email, shipping label for FedEx and I’m shipping it out tonight, Thursday, July 2nd.

I live in Prince Edward Island and it is shipping to a repair centre in Ontario - a couple of thousand Kilometres away.

I had to ask (so make sure you do as well) if both the shipping and the repair would be free of charge - they are. I asked to make sure they were free of charge but also to get it in writing.

Agent also said that it should take about 7-10 business days from them receiving it.

Hope this helps someone else in Canada. Thank you to all on this chat for the updates and advice. It certainly helped and saved me going out to buy a new system.

I’ll keep you posted on any updates. Thank you.“

Here’s a sample of the script I did up before connecting to the Chat line and just copied/pasted into my chat once I got connected to a live chat agent.

“My name is (fill in your name) and I live in (province). I have a Samsung HT-J4500 (or list your model) and it is in a constant reboot loop since (list your date). I know this is a known Global issue as I have been following an EU chat line and in the UK, Samsung is arranging for free shipping and repairs for their UK customers. Here is the link to the EU community chat line for your reference

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/HT-J4500-issues/m-p/1843049#M8878

I would like Samsung to make arrangements for free shipping and repair of my unit please”

Sunnydays2020
Beginner Level 2
Others

Great news for you! Question - was your DVD player still under warranty? Ie - more than 1 year since purchased? Agent I’m speaking to right now said they’ll repair if we purchased under one year. I told him agent I spoke to earlier said both our players (which we purchased 3 years ago) would still be covered since this is a global issue. He then asked if I would mind being put on a small hold - it’s now been 30 minutes! 

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi Sunnydays2020,

I suggest you to contact our live chat support along with the model number of your DVD player so that they will help you with the available options as mentioned earlier.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others
Hi Murph264,
Thanks for sharing your experience which you had with the chat support and providing the whole process information which is helpful to our Samsung members. Hope that your device problem got resolved.
0 Likes
williemakeit
Beginner Level 2
Others

My HT-4500 has been at the repair shop since the third week of June. Phoned three times and all they said was no info on repair procedure from Samsung. This is ridicules! I'm ready to go and buy a new, and I know will be expensive home theater surround sound and send Samsung the bill.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others
Hi williemakeit,
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thanks for your time and for bringing this issue to our notice. Please provide us the assigned ticket number to repair your home theater if you have any so that we can help you easily. 
If you do not have the ticket number, please contact the live chat support with the complete model number so that they will help you with the appropriate details.
However, we will consider it as valuable feedback and will escalate it to our appropriate team.
0 Likes