Original topic:

VoLTE and IMS Registration on Unlocked Samsung

(Topic created on: 07-26-2019 07:15 AM)
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Options
Others
Someone on the Fido forums claimed they were finally able to get VoLTE and Wifi Calling working on their Unlocked Samsung phone on Fido by following the steps highlighted in the pictures.

I tried the method but it didn't work, if you guys wish to attempt it and report back for those who are also experiencing IMS not registered.

5 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
Yea it makes no sense. Anyway, that method didn't work. Any luck on your side?
0 Likes
xASHx
Active Level 5
Others
Is VoLTE supposed to work when WiFi calling is enabled? I could activate WiFi calling by simply going to the dialer settings and registering my phone number in a page related to Virgin that popped up.
But I'm not sure if VoLTE is activated as well or I have to do something else to get it to work.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
If you're able to get one of them working the other option should work too if you activate it under your Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks. They are separate settings for VoLTE and Wifi calling but are both IMS services.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
I've done this sim swap/make a few calls procedure on one of my unlocked phones a long time ago and it did work, but it was a temporary thing for me at least. Apparently as soon as the carrier's system refreshes, it blocks your access to volte and wifi calling again.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
No I think this is different. That's when you put YOUR sim in a Fido-purchased phone, it suddenly enables the services then you put it back in your unlocked phone, it will work for a while until the network disables it again after a while
0 Likes