Original topic:

Weird icon animation.

(Topic created on: 04-15-2024 09:01 AM)
Saiki
Active Level 6
Options
Others
As you may know, some apps don't support dark mode, but when you activate "force dark mode" in dev settings, samsung's icons have that weird white animation on them. Noticed it on one ui 6.0 as well. And it’s still there. Please samsung, fix. Thanks.

7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Samsung, or any OEM are unlikely to "fix" something that is the result of making changes in Dev Options. 

Forcing Dark Mode in Dev Options, can also adversely affect Bar & QR Codes. It again is not an issue that requires any "fix". 

Developer Options are hidden for a reason. They can result in unexpected behaviour. 

Saiki
Active Level 6
Others
Samsung isn't any manufacturers. Have some faith.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Regardless of which manufacturer, they are almost certainly going to say that you used Dev Options to make a change. It's not their responsibility to fix something that isn't broken. 

Like I said, making changes in Dev Options, can lead to unexpected behaviour. 

I can't see any software engineer, spending second on this. 

But  good luck. 

Saiki
Active Level 6
Others
Do i look like someone that knows nothing about software or hardware modifications or risks you can encounter? I just have faith in the brand i chosen, no matter what they do in background or not. I did my part as a user/power user to report the issue. Now the ball is in samsung’s court to make their OS better or prettier or whatever they'll like to. At least they know the bug is there and we're not just using our phones like blind folded iPhone users. No issue with iPhones here😅
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

No idea what you look like. 

In the same way that Forcing Dark Mode causes issues with Bar & QR Codes, what you are describing isn't a "bug". 

I can pretty much guarantee that Samsung will reply to your "error report", with the same answer.. it's not a "bug". 

But, like I said, good luck. 

Helenna
Options
Others

Hi Saiki, we certainly understand your disappointment on this. We will consider this as a feedback and bring this to our team. You can send us an error report using Samsung members application.

Open the Samsung Members app, and then tap the + key at the bottom right > Tap Error reports > A message will populate for you to choose Always to send the system log data or Just this time. We recommend being connected to Wi-Fi network depending on your mobile network plan > You will be able to choose from Category on what issue your device might be experiencing among the list > Please enter issue details or attach a video or screenshot to make easier to understand. Then press Send icons to complete report. Meanwhile, we will also forward this issue to our appropriate team.

Thank you.

Saiki
Active Level 6
Others
Nice, thanks.
0 Likes