Original topic:

What else ? My 2.5 year old 2018 Samsung 75" QNQ7F rebooted repeatedly

(Topic created on: 03-15-2021 05:08 PM)
northern9
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

This question is for Samsung QLED TV QN75Q7FN 

While watching Netflix for about 30 minutes, my TV went into a reboot loop !! The OneConnect box made clicking noise, the TV flashed for a moment, made a power on sound, and the power light came on for a moment. This repeated without stopping. I disconnected everything from the OneConnect box and waited for it to cool down but it didn't help. I noticed tons of complaint about this issue in Samsung community site. I believe Samsung should do a product recall and repair all these TV for FREE !!! Apparently, it is a manufacturer defect, isn't it ?? I owned many TV in last 30+ years and none of them failed on me except this $4300CAN TV !!

Please help me to fix this issue for FREE. It is so heavy, I can't move it to service center for repair. According to hundreds of other complaining customers, the issue is most likely on the OneConnect box. I spoke with a Bestbuy salesman on next day, he also said it is likely the OneConnect Box but they don't service it. I guess he already knew about this type of issue. He said I am on my own or call Samsung.....

When I purchased this TV, I was also told that OneConnect box can be upgraded or replaced to support future HDMI version. How to do it ?? Samsung dropped this ball now ??? Where is the promise ????????

Please help... My OneConnect Model is BN96-46074K  (75Q7F). TV model is QN75Q7FN. Purchased at Canada in Nov, 2018.

I also purchased the Q90 soundbar and I hope it won't fail soon...

0 Likes
5 Comments
northern9
Beginner Level 2
Others

VISIO has 3-Year Manufacturer !!! How come Samsung only has 1 year ? Samsung TV is also two times or three times more expensive !!!

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

If you're living in Quebec country, you have more than 1 year of protection

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi northern9,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please reach out to live chat support by using the link below link and they will help you further. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review.

Link: www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
northern9
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi Samsung Canada Support

I am so regret to buy this expensive Samsung TV and Q90 sound bar !!!  The livechat can't help much. After asking for my address, name and receipt, I waited a day. They replied me and refused to repair my TV under warranty. I asked for exchange discount for a new model, they have none.

VISIO TV has 3 years warranty but my Samsung TV only has 1 year. My Samsung TV is 2 to 3 times more expensive. My TV is only 2 years 2 month TV old with about few hours of usage each day. I see that some new cheaper Costco Samsung TV has 2 years warranty now. Hundreds to thousands of customers reported this same issue over last decade. No one care to take care of it. It is like a scam. A few class action lawsuits are found on the internet about this issue. Samsung should take care this common defect, recall and repair these TV for free. I paid $4300CAN and this 75" TV and $1500 for the Q90 soundbar!!! I will post my REAL and TRUE experience on BestBuy, Amazon, Google and many other social platforms. How can I recommend Samsung product to anyone ?? I have purchased many TV over last 40+ years. None of them failed on me except this EXPENSIVE SAMSUNG TV !! Very sad.....

As you know, many people stay home more to avoid infection. It is a bad timing for my family without a TV at home. I got this big expensive TV to start my retirement and I expect to enjoy it for at least 10 years. I will not recommend any Samsung product to any one I know or I don't know. It hurt my retirement.

I will actively join the class action lawsuits on the internet too.  Any company without good after-sale service for their expensive low quality product will not have a future. The history proofed it. Few years ago, Canon class action paid millions to settle and also paid for my failed multi function printer too.

39 pages of boot looping issue by hundreds of customers are the concrete indication for this common issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-QLED-TV-Turning-Off-and-On-by-itself-remo...

From a very sad northerner.....

0 Likes
Members_TMj3WaT
Beginner Level 2
Others

I am experiencing the exact same issue as described in the original post with the exact same TV model and One Connect model - what was the final resolution to this issue? Was there a way to correct the issue without having to take the TV or One Connect into shop for repair?

0 Likes