Original topic:

Dex on s22 vs Tab s8

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 01:17 PM)
Ronneh
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung DeX
My primary use case for Dex would be connected to an external monitor. My question is would Dex in that scenario work better with an S22 or a tablet which one will give me better performance.  
0 Likes
4 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Samsung DeX
That depends. Do you plan on connecting to a PC later? This is an important differential between using a phone and/or tablet with DeX. DeX for PC only works on phones with DeX but not on tablets.

In terms of just using DeX on an external monitor only, there's no real difference in experience between a phone and tablet. However, there is a difference if running different apps working with native Android on phone/tablet simultaneously with DeX on external monitor. Obviously, the tablet will offer more screen real estate to work with compared to the phone.

Another factor is portability. Phone offers more flexibility over tablet (again for obvious reasons). As well as using DeX for PC. In this regard, phone will be more advantageous than a tablet.

Other deciding factors would be out of DeX use. I don't imagine you'll be having the device(s) connected to the monitor 24/7. Purpose of the device? Do you plan on doing more with it? There will always be pros and cons. Sorry, I can't give you a direct answer as it's one of those scenarios where experience will vary based on user preferences and work.

I have both Note 10+ and Tab S8+. For me the tablet sees more use when connecting to an external monitor. However, the phone sees more use if connected to PC and using DeX for PC (since I can't use the tablet).
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, we recommend to use tablet when you connect the device to monitor or TV. This would give better performance.

0 Likes
Tonylmiller
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

I never had any performance issues at all with my Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S22.

0 Likes
bill-e
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

I have an S21 and an S8 ultra and I use the tablet with the monitor.

When using a tablet I get the full experience of a large screen DeX environment as well as a large screen Android environment.  Very useful in my experience.

0 Likes