Original topic:

Remote desktop still broken in DeX since oneui6 update

(Topic created on: 01-26-2024 06:07 PM)
Bradg
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung DeX
Posted this when oneui6 was launched, and haven't gotten any feedback

when using remote desktop within DeX, you can no longer access the title bar space....

this means you can't close browser tabs, close full screen apps, or interact with ANYTHING within that space.

this completely ruins the ability to use DeX to access remote systems

it's 90% of what the /r/samsungdex community uses DeX for...

This NEEDS to get fixed

This is a short explaining/demonstrating what I mean

https://youtu.be/XZk13zOPLcI

?si=TPocZtxY8jPTKIXD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung DeX

I have the same problem on my S23. Title bar space which is empty is inaccessible and unusable so you can't play games easily which have ui there, can use remote desktop applications such as Microsoft's RDP, Chrome Remote Desktop nor the Parsec. I am sick of this **latest downgrade** situation of the samsung. Not only they didn't bring any new features in the last upgrade, they removed 😕

Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
On my S23 Ive experienced absolutely no issue connecting to an M365 hosted Win11 hosted desktop environment, using Microsft 365 RDP app.

I even see the RDP blue banner toolbar for which i can move. No issues in access or minimizing full screen (actioned by using F11) applications even non Microsft apps such as Jira
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
Im sure your hyperbole is unreasonable.

Im SURE YOU CAN play games as the titlebar of a fullscrren app haa NOTHING to do with the conteols of the applications.
0 Likes
CoolShark
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Indeed fix it please... 

Members_WcMThCj
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

This broke RDP client.  Interestingly, the title bar space still works when on non-Dex mode, but that isn't an option.

Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
When on Non-Dex mode?
Explain how this is not occurring?

Ever think that the app used for RDP acrually behaves differrntly?!
0 Likes
DavidF1
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Please fix this ASAP, it is a critical bug that makes using remote desktop nearly unusable.

Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
Critical, but no definitive informsrion of your setup nor environment youre connecting to?
No info of the rdp app youre using nor vpn app/service nor reaching out to those devs?

You have an entire environment with many pieces involved ans youre only looking to 1?

Its quite possible more variables are at play here.
0 Likes
Samsung DeX

Same issue. Makes Dex unusable for my use-case. It frustrating when features are lost on an update.

Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
Ever think a feature lost to be fixed is frustrating without clear and proper documentarion to show whats wrong?

Kid walks up to mom.
Kid says something is wrong wirh my ice cream, fix it.
Mom wonders what exactly is wrong and jyst has some of the ice cream and hands it back.
Kid thinks a change was made but looses more of the ice cream he once had lol.

Get the picture?!
0 Likes