Original topic:

2 step verification not working

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 01:08 AM)
SimplyMo
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Since the most recent upgrade to the Health app I must do the 2step verification. I've followed all the steps (many times) but once I input the verifying to code I'm sent, the app freezes and I can't get any further. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Is this a general issue? 

16 Comments
Halston
Options
Samsung Health

Hey SimplyMo,
Samsung 2-Step verification is now mandated for all Samsung account.
Please perform the clear cache and clear data of the Samsung Health app.
Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.
From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache and Clear data.
Important: Clearing the data will reset the app to factory default settings. Any personal settings saved on the app will be removed.
Make sure you have any accounts or usernames written down so you can log back in after the app resets.
Then try to connect with your Samsung account using the 2-step verification code.
If the problem persists, please contact the live chat support so that they will help you with the available options.
Here is the link for live chat support: https://www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
Laura_G
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

This didn't work. I can't get by pushing the verification button when I enter the verification code. The link wasn't working. ☹️.  I love the app when it's working. I haven't been able to use it since I got a new phone, Motorola Edge plus.  I just bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 watch a month ago.  I can't do a live chat now. I went to Best Buy Geek Squad and after 20 minutes said the Samsung app server is the issue and I need to wait for this to be fixed, but I haven't seen anything on this issue that resulted from the latest update. Thank you for any feedback. 

Ghoti
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I'm experiencing the same issue. I just downloaded the health app for the first time after setting up my new watch. I can't click on the verify button after receiving my code via text. I tried clearing the cache and data as mentioned, and that helped nothing. I just got locked out for 30 minutes for trying too often. Very annoying.

420Katalyst
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Same exactly issue. One Plus 8T 

BC62
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

The button still is not working. Was digging the Samsung Health App but if you can't get a button to work maybe it's time to look at other health trackers.

0 Likes
420Katalyst
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

This does nothing. Cleared all app data. It still won't allow me to enter the verification code, and because of this, no aaccess. 

Stevebrx
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I have the same problem with my Android Phone; after entering the 6 digit code I am not able to proceed as the 'Verify' button remains greyed out.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared cache, and have the latest Android version for my new phone.  I see no useful comments from the Samsung support team in response to others explaining they have the same issues.  Please provide some detail on how to resolve.

germaike
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Hi all,

I found a solution / work-a-round. I had the same problem installing the app on my new device. After getting frustrated  i just went on my pc/laptop and did the verification via my browser. This worked perfectly. 

I hope i can help some people facing the same problem.

Jcab925
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Thank you this worked for me! Instead of going to my computer, i just used chrome on my phone. It worked the same!