Original topic:

Samsung Health barcode reading feature?

(Topic created on: 08-30-2021 07:30 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Samsung Health
So far I like Samsung Health as the native apps for my calorie counter. There are other better apps like My FitnessPal that has more broad food list with barcode functionality.

That's what missing from Samsung Health.

To input each nutritional information is time consuming. I think this is something Samsung can improve. Don't start a project without finishing it, add the features that's actually benefitting to consumers.

The only reason I don't use MFP because I kept seeing sync issues reported as well item names when synced to Samsung Health only showing as 'MyFitnessPal Dinner' instead of the actual food name. 
3 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Health
It's been mentioned numerous times and I totally agree it would make Samsung health amazing having it!
PhilV
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

It's disappointing that such a large company as Samsung makes products lacking such obvious features 

Top10812
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Health

I've just bought the Galaxy 6 Watch and I'm finding their app lacking; especially in the food/calorie tracking portion.  Therefore, I'm still using my old Fitbit app which isn't prefect either, but at least it has a barcode scanner; which makes recording food into the register 1000x easier.  I'm afraid it won't be long before I'll replace my 2 week old Galaxy watch with a new Fitbit Sense 3 when it is release.  Why does Samsung even bother to make a fitness watch, if they are not going to invest in developing a suitable app. 

0 Likes