Original topic:

Dexcom G6 Data Permissions

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 10:15 AM)
MisterEdward
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

I just got an active watch 2, a Dexcom g6 CGM and a Pixel 5 to view my blood glucose on my wrist!

Unfortunately in the Samsung Health application it doesn't see that the Dexcom app is even on the device to communicate with. 
So when I try to turn on Data Permissions, the toggle is greyed out and when I go into the Samsung Health application to change the permissions, the Dexcom app doesn't show up.

I've tried factory resetting everything and starting over with exactly the same results.

Is this a known incompatibility I wasn't aware of? Did I just waste a TON of money?
I checked with both Samsung and Dexcom and they claimed that these products are compatible with each other ... but they don't show up in each other's app permissions (well, actually "S Health" appears in the Dexcom app but there is no sign of the Dexcom app in the samsung data permission settings). 

Am I alone? 

0 Likes
4 Comments
Georgine
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. The only permission you need to give is from the Dexcom CGM app and enable Blood Glucose to be shared. There is no setting and permission available on the Samsung Health app. We request you to check with Dexcom CGM app support.

0 Likes
AspieMum
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Does not work. I selected to give permission for sharing and the Dexcom app still says its not sharing with S Health

0 Likes
MisterEdward
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

for anyone who finds this in the future with this incompatibility problem, my end result of this is that the Samsung devs are blaming the Dexcom's app and the Dexcom's devs say the problem is with an update to Samsung health... so there is so active plan or effort to solve this problem for those of us with Google phones (and likely others too). feeling hung out to dry on this one. 

thanks for replying Moderator, I appreciate the effort.

I found an independent effort to make their own plug in to solve this compatibility problem. it's called "g watch" and you need to download the g watch face and the "g watch app" on your phone. it works for many of the known incompatible devices with Dexcom and a Samsung watch, but I sadly couldn't make it work with my pixel 5, g6 and active 2. Specifically I couldn't get Dexcom's app to send the data to g watch or Samsung Health. 

0 Likes
AspieMum
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

No help for me. Its not the watch I use. I need Dexcom to link to Samsung health so I can get my blood sugar readings into MyNetDiary.

0 Likes